Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone sell a '70 K5 in southern MO?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris_T, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Anyone sell a \'70 K5 in southern MO?

A friend of mine came acroos a 1970 K5 in good shape in southern Missouri, but the owner didn't do a lot of the work himself, the previous owner did. Out of curiousity has anyone here sold a '70 in the last little while to an individual from this area? 36" TSLs, primer grey, rhino lined ... sound familiar? Can't decide if I'm interested in it or not. Can relay contact info to interested people - the finders fee won't be too bad

2. beenlookin

beenlookin Registered Member

Re: Anyone sell a \'70 K5 in southern MO?

Was this a Jimmy by any chance?

3. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

nope .. was a Blazer .. though I did run across a beat up Jimmy in front of a body shop in Cabool ..

4. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Before you decide to buy - check out for yourself if the previous owner did the work right. Try to determine why the current owner is selling. After you know these answers then just sit back and talk yourself into stepping up and BAMMM you'll own a (another?) 1st gen K5.

good luck

5. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I haven't seen it, but I had a friend crawl all over for it for me. This is one of those things where the things I want done to mine are already there. More or less the body is clean and straight and the floor has been replaced and rhino-lined. My Blazer's body is really quite good, but not exceptional, but I could probably get it done (right) for about the same as the cash outlet for this truck.

BUT

I really would kind of like a straight clean Blazer to drive around in and a second one that I didn't care as much about if the body started sprouting dings and dents (which I've just started to do), so it's tempting ....

I guess the individual bought it out of Colorado if that sounds familiar to anyone. I think I have the VIN for it. If it's a really good deal I might have to find a way to finance it.