Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone set in a rear slider window,for a pickup?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, Apr 23, 2003.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

my friend gave me a semi new rear slider to replace my one piece window.it gets plenty hot in a cab with no AC,and 2 functional windows /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif in the florida heat and sun /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    whats the correct way to pull out the 1 piece and put in the slider?

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

me like to know to! im ganna be doing the same thing! im also puttin a sunroof in mine! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif of course im not ganna try that lol...having it done someplace..

3. bigbluek20

bigbluek20 1/2 ton status

I actually did the reverse (free solid window, cheap, noisy rear slider, cool Colorado air /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )

I just started at one of the upper corners on the inside with several flatblade screwdrivers (shorter and wider are better). Worked my way down the side and then started alont the top... pretty soon the window was out.

Pretty much reversed the scenario from the outside to install (starting at the bottom as I recall). Might have had the neighbor help for a few minutes during the install.

Whole thing was less than 1 hour.

That said, I do believe the advertised install method is to put a rope around the seal (where it holds on the opening), hold it to the cab point and pull the rope straight away (from the inside). This pulls the gasket "flap" in so it is out of the way to slide into the opening. Definitely a 2 person operation (and probably doesn't make any sense from my description... I be engineer, me no communicator).

4. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

colorado air must be nice,it was about 90 down here and sitting in my truck at a stop light is bad,when I drive it
    thanks for the info I shall try it tommarow! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif