Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone sold a car or truck on Ebay?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AJMBLAZER, May 12, 2002.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Anybody sold a vehicle on Ebay?

Attempted to sell a vehicle on Ebay?

Bought a car on Ebay?

I'm having NO luck selling my 1992 IFS Blazer/forums/images/icons/frown.gif around here. Thinking about trying for something a little more national.

Any tips, hints, tricks, and advice?

2. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

My roomate and I have both bought trucks on ebay. The best advise I can give is to put as much info as possible, and lots of good pics.

3. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

I bought my Blazer off of Ebay. Just be very descriptive with lots of pictures.

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I sold my monte ss on ebay, turned into a giant jerk around. I am in N.Y. and he was in Fla. He has a sister that lived near me and told her to look at car for him. She didn't have a clue about cars. the car WAS NOT PERFECT by any means and this was shown in all pics i displayed. the car ran great but the front was smashed once and had a different nose on it. the fender was just hammered out. all this was clear in pictures and explained in add. he bid on it and ended up winning. total of 7 bids. after 2 weeks of jerking around he finally said he couldn't get his sister to get it towed and wanted to back out. I told him that was fine if I could get another bidder to buy it or pay costs. by the time I got ahold of other bidders, nobody wanted it. I contacted ebay and they notified him. still nothing. I contacted ebay agian and they kicked him off ebay. I still had to pay the cost of running sale 25.00. I made sure that I stated everything that was wrong with car and showed detailed pics. I would sell a car agian, but MAKE sure the guy has a bidding history. this is the only car I ever sold on ebay. I have sold and bought many parts with no problems.