Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Staying Home This Weekend?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, May 23, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I hate the crowds and the traffic on holidays. So I wait till everyone has settled down and then I go on vacation... Leaving June 12th for 8 days of killing fish, wheeling and exploring ghost towns and mining camps. Whoo Hoo!

Will be spending the holiday working on the K5, barbaque some steaks and drinking beer in my own back yard. The top comes off tomorrow! Winter is finally gone... /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I also hate crowds. But I live in a major tourist trap area. I'm planning on having some friends over for a BBQ. We're doing a big ol' London Broiler on the grill.

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I have a busy weekend. My parents and my in-laws are coming over so we can show them our new house, then Sunday we're heading to the beach for the day(wife's idea, of course), then hopefully Monday I can get that low oil pressure problem figured out in the TA so I can drive it again!

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i am staying home as well /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'm staying home, wife has to work /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and i'm to broke to do anything /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Today: Beach,BBQ,Beer,and Girls
    Tomorrow: Wakeboarding,Beer,and Girls
    Sunday:Just Beer
    Monday: Work.errr.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I was gonna just go park my X in the woods somewhere and spend a night, but that was before my parents said they were going to Arkasas... I don't want to load both my dogs in the X to take with me, so I'm gonna stay home and paint if the wind doesn't start blowing...

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm running up to the bustling metropolis of Yerington, NV tomorrow morning for the weekend..........With a quick stopover in Lodi to pick up some bling bling for the Stock Wannabe Prerunner K5..........

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't want to load both my dogs in the X to take with me

[/ QUOTE ]
    you could with a Sub, or even a K5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got today off as a windfall...boss is returning a favor, so the day is Paid and doesn't count against Vac or personal days (WooHoo!! Freebie!!)...

Just got back from Homely Depot with a load of stuff to do the facia and soffett, Kilz for the garage door facing, concrete mix to reset a post, Propane for the gas grill, and Mesquite Charcoal for the Pork Loin I'm gonna Grill tomorrow.....

I'm Off til Tuesday...

BTW....I think what y'all Yankees call BBQ is what we'uns in the South call Grillin'..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Long as y'all got an Old Cold Beer it's all good.....Enjoy..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This Day brought to you by the Veterans of the Nation....Past, Present, and Future..... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Today....going to Lake Zurich to shoot our swimsuit entry...drink beer, eat out. <font color="red"> EDIT: Got this one done, oh so hot...yall better buy a calendar! </font>

Saturday, wife has to work, so pulling engine in Dan's suburban in the morning/afternoon. Hopefully a picnic on the river with michelle in the afternoon.

Sunday- more work for the wife. Helping one of my coworkers with his FJ40 to bleed the brakes. Going to Pick N Pull to look for a new set of seats. Sunday night, grill out maybe and relax at home, maybe go to a coworkers play.

Monday - Clean out my Dodge and get it ready to sell. Maybe clean all the mud off the K5 while I'm at it! Go biking? Drink beer? who knows? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Today..... done with class at 10 am... already drinking
    Tomorrow.. some guys coming in from Wisconsin that my buddy knows, party time!
    Sunday.... HUGE mudbog, wall party at Lambda Chi Alpha!
    Monday.... More drinking in the day, friends go back to Wisconsin, Canada at night
    Tuesday... traffic court /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Working midnights all weekend but going to truck (4x4) flat drags, sand drags, obstacle course races about 5 miles from home..............if it ever stops raining /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    You would think I would know since I'm a weather forecaster [​IMG]

14. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Today...I am working til midnight while my husband goes out and finds the last needed parts for the lift.
    Saturday....Start tearing into the k5 and lifting it
    Sunday...I work again from 2 til midnight while my husband finishes up the lift and hopefully puts in new radiator
    Monday...He is off to help on a buddies truck while I wash the roof and eves of our house and possibly 2 trucks also

I don't go anywhere on Memorial Day weekend thanks to wrecking cars 3 years in a row on the same weekend. Trying to break myself of that bad habit and been waiting to lift the k5 for over a month.

15. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i work 4 days on 2 days off from 9:30 pm to 7am and today is my second day off. so i go back to work tomorrow night.
    Grant

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

skool work all weekend...

j

17. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I get the joy of working all weekend, at work not in my driveway where i should be,LOL

-Jeremy

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i work 4 days on 2 days off

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I could insert the mandatory jokes here and Jarheads, but I will refrain.......Did y'all lose a day?

19. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Definatly staying home..... its great in town no one's here.
    They are all out at the lakes fighting traffic and making mad dashes for the last camping spot.
    I was in Wally world yesterday. It was Insane /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif People running all wild eyed../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.. Buying cartloads of stuff for the big weekend...... oh well what ever floats your boat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Speaking of floating boats and fishing I'm headed out the middle of June too........ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifGoing back to No Calif to slay some salmon and pick up a load of Lings/bottomfish.
    Guess the K5s on tow duty for a while /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

20. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Geeesh... I was hoping we might be able to hook up in the middle of June.... How much is a Nevada fishing license and do they have a 2 day license?