Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone take Ambien?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Oct 9, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

This stuff makes me feel sort of drunk but tired at the sametime. One night that I barely remember a week or two ago the pills messed me up pretty good so I said [darn] it and grabbed my jack daniels and drank myself till well I don't remember. I woke up and everything was cleaned up so is alright.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'd say you should have a chat with your doctor about it... I don't know anything about drugs, but that doesn't seem like something that should be happening /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif... Drinking and antidepressants don't mix too well either I hear /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah well I'm outof alcohol. I did this once last week and since its a sleeping pill I went right to bed after I started getting drunk. Samething tonight but I polished off Old Jack Daniels so I don't know about the future. I've been meaning to ask about drugs and alcohol related to my medication. Next time around.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is a schedule 4 controlled substance. That means we keep it locked up alongside the morphine, fentanyl, and Dilaudid.

Although I'm sure you know this already, I think I should say it anyway. You really ought not to be drinking and taking it.
    Ambien is an effective sleep aid. Perhaps you need the dosage tailored. For example, if you are currently taking the 5mg, your physician might try increasing it to 10mg.

Take it easy,
    -- Mike

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Wow, didn't think it was a sleeping pill... guess I know something about drugs now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Take 2 nyquil gel caps and lay down about an hour afterward. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I know its probley not a good substitute but its over the counter everywhere and fairly safe. I dont think it can be too addictive since it knocks your ass out. I use them to get to sleep sometime when I have to get up early. Tylenol PM is something else I use to use on occasion with pain. I noticed my stomach hurt when I woke up though, so it may not be the best alternative either (I was taking serveral advil to though, so that may have been the problem).

NyQuil

Big N, little y, HUGE ****IN' Q /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    (denis leary for those not in the know /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif)