Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone tried Equal- Tire balance powder?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76chevy, Dec 27, 2001.

1. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Has anyone tried the Equal stuff that you put in your tires to automatically balance them with no weights?

<font color=red>Spirit of 76</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://homepage.mac.com/toddcripps/Menu2.html>homepage</a>

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Hispanic Panic did. it wasn't "equal" but a local tire place had generic "tire balancing compound"he only did the front. he said it worked a lot better than no balancing at all. he wont be back till the beginning of the year he could give more input.

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!

3. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

yes, i tried it.
    on large swampers
    didnt make them round

4. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ive heard it works real well for anything over 39.5s

79 Jimmy, 5" lift 35 M/T with a 383 puttin out 400hp and 450lb/ft. 4.11s Locked front and back.

5. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ive heard it works real well for anything over 39.5s

79 Jimmy, 5" lift 35 M/T with a 383 puttin out 400hp and 450lb/ft. 4.11s Locked front and back.

6. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

i tried it on some big mickeys. this stuff is designed for 35 &amp; over tires. I get a slight shake when im stopped and hit the gas but once tires are turning"""""""""smooth sailing""""""""""

7. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://performanceunlimited.com/documents/balancingpowder.html>http://performanceunlimited.com/documents/balancingpowder.html</a>

read this info.

8. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Wow! Thanks for that article, I won't be trying that stuff. I'm just running 33's for now so I will get them rebalanced with weights.

I'm getting a shaking at about 60mph I think is comming from either the front left tire or ball joint. I was hoping to use the equal because it seems my tires get out of balance every 5-6 months.

Thanks for your input folks.

<font color=red>Spirit of 76</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://homepage.mac.com/toddcripps/Menu2.html>homepage</a>

9. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I used it in my Swamper 35s. It worked real good till I filled my tires with air from a gas station. There was more water than air coming out of the hose and it totally messed the powder up. If you use it, make sure you only air up from a good water free source.

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

10. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

I just had tires put on my work semi, they used equal in my steer tires. I have noticed a big difference. I was talking to the installer he said they have special shrader valves w/ screens in them. So if you do get air from a service station w/ moister it will help to disperse the water. It will make smaller clumps. Dry air is the key.
    Hope the helps.

Later Ed

Get use to the view.
    Because, if your not the LEAD DOG the view never changes.

11. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I use that stuff every day at my work and it works good but dont wast the money on them for your trucks I had the equal balance in my 36 swampers and the sand worked its way in to the valve stem and cused me to do a run flat so now I have a bad tire thats got 60% tread left on it. just my opinion
    colin

Save the whales Harpoon a fat chick.