Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone tried OFFROADSUPERSTORES, yet????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Aug 25, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i tried to get tire prices and all i could get was questions? what year is your truck?,what model? what sus lift? what body lift? WTF???all i want is a F**KING tire price DAMMIT.they are as bad as AUTOZONE,(i need a feul pump for a 79 gmc) them - does it have air conditioning? what the the hell does air have to do with a feul pump?? them- thats the only way we can look it up. i HATE super market auto parts stores. their for parts changers, not mechanics.and the parts at AUTOZONE are cheaply made, i changed the rotors on our 95 2500 and one of the original wore out rotors weighed more than BOTH new ones.WTF??? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

call http://www.ultimate4wheeldriveperformance.com/ you get a discount on tires there, a very good discount on swampers.

next time you call the place tell them you have a 24" suspention lift. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

24ins /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifi'll call them tommorow. thanks TJ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

just remember to mention that your a ck5 member. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

ya i hate those places, wat do u do if u just want to look around ya no

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Some of these online mail order parts houses are idiots and put people, who do not know the first thing about automobiles or the people that own them, in charge of creating there web site. Often times they will come across a web development company that has already put together a web page, which is used by retailers like Sears Automotive, Big-O, or Goodyear tires for the automotive illiterate general public, and attempt to use that same web page design for knowledgably automotive enthusiast...what a joke.

These companies, which claim to serve the performance enthusiast market, fail miserably by putting people in charge that do not understand that automotive enthusiast, like the people on this web site, already have a vast knowledge of brand, models, and available sizes they are looking for, thus end up alienating their target customer because they are clueless idiots.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    and the parts at AUTOZONE are cheaply made, i changed the rotors on our 95 2500 and one of the original wore out rotors weighed more than BOTH new ones.WTF??? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The premium line of rotors that Autozone sells are the EXACT SAME BRAND as the ones I sold when I worked at Carquest. That's right, Aimco rotors, at Autozone.

The cheap ones from Autozone are just that, cheap. Built by the lowest bidder, in China.

I'm sure the counterman offered you both, and you chose the cheap ones, and you got what you paid for, and nothing more.