Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone tried the Pro-Comp tires yet?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shum1, Nov 18, 2000.

1. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

All the mags say good things but I'm a little skeptical about testers who are paid to write articles. I wonder about the "extreme weather rating" for snow. Does the M/T also have this rating? I guess its too early to tell about mileage wit these AT's and MT's.

2. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have them. I got the 35x12.5x15 Mud Terrains. I have probably put less than 20 miles on them though and have not gone over 40MPH. No off road use yet. They were fairly quiet. One concern I've had with them is on black ice. They slipped going up a small hill in 2WD. But this could happen with any tire I believe. They do have holes for studs so I may look into that. Now that I had to put my top on I can really test them in the next big snow storm.
    PRAY FOR SNOW

Topless73

3. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

How about an update after you get a couple of those big tahoe dumps.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Another good feature about them is that they're siped from the factory. I think that the BFG's have a stronger sidewall though.

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I have a brand new set in my garage right now but won't be putting them on for a while.......I'll let you know what I think of them when I do.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

<font color=blue>" Deep ?........Is doesn't look that deep. "</font color=blue>

6. Cornfed-90K5

Cornfed-90K5 Registered Member

I have had my set of 35" Mud Terrains on since August and I love them they are quieter and better riding than BFG's. I have made several trail runs with them they work great. If I had to buy tires again I would get them. I am that happy with them.

Cornfed-90K5
    1990 K5 Blazer
    1977 Jeep CJ5