Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone tried to sell a truck lately?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 20, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hows the used vehicle market these days? I am either gonna sell my pickup or trade it in on this used truck at work. Don't need the used truck, and its less useful than mine(short bed 1/2 ton) but its faster and would make a nice street truck. Anyway, I could really use the money right now. I can't finish my S10 project any time soon without some extra cash. Either I have to try and tack some cash onto the loan I just took out to pay for tools(have excellent credit so this may be doable) or sell my truck. But if it will be months before I even sell the truck, I might as well get this other truck, have something to fix up and cruise for the summer, then sell it probably for a profit after the summer. THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD!!! I wouldn't sell my 97 to a member. Too many little things ready to go wrong I'd rather sell it to the dealership I work at and just laugh when someone recons it or sell it to some stranger.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

good luck......

I've had my 79 C10 for sale since last fall..no one here wants a 2wd Chevy pickup I guess..if it were a 4x4,I might have had better luck,but I've seen 4x4 trucks newer in the 80's selling for 500 bucks lately,especially after it did not snow much this past winter,and gas prices topped 3 bucks a gallon..

It's pissing me off,because not only am I broke and desparately need cash to pay bills,if I were the one looking for a decent "antique" truck like mine,I know I'd be shelling out 1500 bucks or more for one with a body thats in solid shape for its age..I have yet to be offered more than 500 for it..:doah:

I'll let it rot before I sell it that cheap..had I not put the 305 in it,and a lot of time,I might have sold it cheap with the 250 six in it..but not now,I've got well over 1000 bucks into it,and I feel its worth that much,or close to it..even if I scrap the F'n thing I'll get 250 bucks..

Not just me having poor sales either..my friends used car lot has had little traffic lately,and cars and trucks at the auctions are getting scarce to find for less than 1500-2500 bucks now,especially 4 cylinder econoboxes,even ones the junkyards are getting are being put out front for sale rather than parted out..while the big heavy trucks like mine go straight to the crusher..:(

The new car dealerships here are selling some new cars,but not as many as they'ed like to be selling..and every person who does buy one puts another mechanic in a slump..that car he wont see for 5 years or more!..many garages are slow as hell here now,nobody is driving,or wearing the cars out--they simply cant afford to!..most are lucky to be able to afford enogh gas to get to work and back,never mind buy anything else..many cars that DO end up at my friends shop are in sad shape,because maintenence had to be put off until the "money was there"..by then,its often too late..

Hope your luck at selling is better than mine..I'd rather have teeth drilled than deal with tire kickers and anal potential buyers who want to take a compression test,or pick every flaw out and bust my balls,and try to jew me down..:doah:
    I don't do that when I buy something!...I DO try to get a good deal,but if the seller is insulted,or refuses to budge,and I want the vehicle,I'll pay his asking price if I feel its worth it..

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just watching around here, if it is a Volkswagen rabbit you are gold.:doah: The gas prices are not helping the truck/SUV market at all. Buy a Honda and fix it up.....

4. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

around here a truck like mine (decent body, new motor, runs and drives good) will go for about 1500-2000. alot less then what Ive got in it. but if I was to part it out I could prolly get about 3000 or more out of it.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

eh, if I can trade straigh tup or damn close I'm going to do it. I can fix up and sell the 1500 better than my 97 I think. 97 is a work truck so its a useful machine, but the 1500 is cool and I think I'll be more likely to sell it to some kid or someone wanting something cool. Thanks guys. I work at a new car dealer and we really aren't selling new cars like crazy...

6. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

no one has $$ and everything is skyrocketing in cost left and right, less and less ppl can afford anything extra, let alone a vehicle,

thats the first and biggest problem now

and its getting worse everyday

at least here anyways

good luck