Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone tryed this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by redbeast, Jun 27, 2001.

1. redbeast

redbeast Registered Member

Was talking to a couple of circle track racers today an they had a neat idea.. They said to take old smog pump and use it to evacuate (sp) the crank case .. Take the inlet side of the pump an run it to one of the valve cover holes and then run the discharge side to a AIR valve thats attached to the exhaust system.They claim that as the engine is running it is pumping as much pressure in the pan as it it the chamber.. sort of like no back pressure to slow the piston down on the downstroke.. Made sence to me. Its sort of like the windage tray in the crank case to prevent oil splish slowing the crankshaft down.. What do yall think???

1985 Blazer, 305 soon to be a TBI 350, 700r4, msd ign, 3.43s, headers, 31x10.50x15s

2. 1bad82k5

1bad82k5 1/2 ton status

I read an article in hot rod magazine. They added a vacuum pump to a big block chevelle. It was good for a few horses.
    eric

Hell, it don't really matter....it's just for my race car.

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Thats HIGH rpm stuff. Not quite the same for the guys hangin' out in the lower ranges. (mud boggers would be the exception due to WOT)

Engine vacume works just fine for anything other than Wide-Open Throttle, and on the plus side, there is no drag on the engine from a crank driven compressor and it's emissions freandly with no side efects on power out-put.

(WOT, provides very little engine vacume, so the racers who are allways at wide open throttle, need to do something else to get rid of the blow-by and crank case pressures)

Does that make sense?

Twiztid