Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Twin sticked there 203 yet? How about homemade versions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Basically that's about it. I was intrested to see if anyone has done this themselves or if they had bought the ORD one. I'm tired of adjusting that freeking box. Anyone?

2. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

No one huh?

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Okiemuddog has one. He didn't build it, but I bet he can get you some pics. My buddy gave it to me (he built it), but I have a 208, so I gave it to Krennen.

John

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

yup, my friend Jason cruises with one now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i know this is a dumb ? but what does the twin stick do on the 203 i have a 203 extra and i want to ditch the the 208 i have any info would rock /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

twin sticking a 203 gets rid of the one stick that controls high/low and 2wd/4wd and give you one stick for low/high and one stick for 2wd/4wd. those single shifter for the 203 can be very undependable. i have mine take a dump on me and was stuck driving 13 miles in low back to my trailer.

twin sticking it can be done very easly with the right tools and a small amout of skill.

i use some small 3/8 hiems and all0-thread and part of the original shfter housing to make mine then i used some 1/2" round stock and bent up some shifters. i works great and i highly recommend it.

7. bugspray

bugspray 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ready to twin stick mine. I have an extra shifter. I already took it apart, and I think with the right pieces it really wouldn't be hard. I'll see about taking some pictures as I go, but I need to finish getting the tranny and t-case put back in and on the road.

8. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    twin sticking a 203 gets rid of the one stick that controls high/low and 2wd/4wd and give you one stick for low/high and one stick for 2wd/4wd.

[/ QUOTE ]
    A 203 only has 4H and 4L locked or unlocked so does this only work on cases that have had the part time conversion in?

9. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

na it would work on a full time case. it would just give you high/low and loc/unloc /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Can you take the two small levers that bolt to the t-case and turn them upside down and weld shifters to them? This is what I was going to try but my 203 broke, now I'm divorced /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif