Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone up for some free beer and steak??

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Oct 22, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

All ya gotta do is help me yank my eng, tranny, and t-case! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I have everything I need except for a cherry picker. I'll rent one of those. I am hoping to do it this weekend OR I'll have to wait till the first week of November. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Anyway, if anyone wants to get greasy for a day or so, the drinks and steaks are on me!

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

you can count me in... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif what day were/are you thinking?

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Either Sat. or Sunday. Whatever works out for folks. I'll be working on it at night this week trying to get things ready to go. I'll have the wheels/tires off (and it lowered onto my short stands), the d-shafts disconnected, fluids drained, and all that type of stuff. I don't really expect anyone to wrench for me. It's just that the t-case is sooo dang heavy! If I/we do it on Saturday, I'd like to start in the morning. If we do it on Sunday, then I won't be able to start until around 1:00.

Thanks!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I might be able to help out on Saturday or early Sunday. I don't know much about wrenching, but I can lend a strong pair of hands.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Extra hands are always welcome! Like I said, I can get most everything disconnected and ready to yank out, but actually lifting/dropping stuff out is where the extra hands will be great! I don't want to end up wearing the t-case..that'd just HURT! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

I might be able to help out saturday.

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Cool beans Bryan! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Any and all help is appreciated!

Now if I could just get that one guy that parked his truck in my driveway for 6 months to help out...I'd be all set! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol!!! busted! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

if I wasnt gonna be on my 2-year anniversary-at-cannon beach trip with my gf this weekend, I'd be there! I have been itchin to wrench a little.. and havent had much to do on my truck (until my steering box comes back from WTO) so it'd be good times. But, we leave friday at 7am. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif if u had more stuff to do to ur rig next week after work, I could help ya out then? whats the plan once all the drivetrain comes out?

j

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I would drive over and help out if I could sell something to cover the gas /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Hmm, time to make a few more for sale posts...

10. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Badbowtie, If you are going to come up to Vancouver to help Shane, I'll just meet you there. No use driving down to Woodburn just to follow you up the freeway to within 5 miles of where I live. Let me know.
    Shane, I'd be glad to help out as well. Don't rent a cherry picker, use mine. FREEBEE. Sounds like the party is in your driveway this weekend.
    T-roy

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't rent a cherry picker, use mine. FREEBEE.

[/ QUOTE ] I figured you would and if you didn't respond, I knew where I could get one... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    lol!!! busted!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah..not trying to bust on ya! Just flinging a little is all! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The plan is;

Engine - Leaks like a sieve from the front of the oil pan. The guys here at work have nick named it the "Valdez"! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I can't seem to get it to seal up in the truck, so I am going to pull it and do it with it on my engine stand. I also want to steam clean it and repaint it so I can see where ALL the leaks are coming from. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Tranny - My new one is at Jamie's I just need to go pick it up. 3:73's and 38's kind toast an automatic REAL quick! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I got a set of 5:13's on a welded carrier from Bryan that will go in as soon as I can get it back over to Jamie. I have never done gears, and I'm not sure I trust myself to learn on my own with a book. I seem to remember this one guy that did his in his 14b and had a melt down in his parents driveway! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    T-case - I still have the hubs I got from Powermad and the aprtime kit I got from...uh...don't remember! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I am going to steam clean it and install the part time kit and the hubs in the front end so I can run in 2WD.

I really just need to clean it all up before it all goes back into the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif I am tired of major leaks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif granted, it's rust prevention /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but it's also a fire hazard some times! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't rent a cherry picker, use mine. FREEBEE

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks T-Roy! That will help me out big time!

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like the party is in your driveway this weekend

[/ QUOTE ] YeeHAW! I'll make sure the fridge in the g'rudge has plenty of snacks and drinks! Also, I'll make sure we have plenty of meat for the group too!

Badbowtie and T-roy - Bring yer stuff on up and do the swap! I'll make sure there's enough suds n' grub to make it worth your while!

Thank guys!

Oh, yeah....wives and kids are more than welcome! My wife won't be off work until 2:00 on Sat. but she's usually home by 2:30! My boy will be with me all day /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Also, the neighborhood is kid friendly so they can bring bikes/scooters or whatever /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

Well Im not gonna be able to make it up.Couldnt get the day off so I have just enough time to make it to woodburn to meet T-roy and be back home in time to go to work.If it wasnt for a shutdown at work,and me being at millwright in training I would be up.Sorry shane.I tried. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ok then... well, i assume at some point ur gonna reinstall all this good stuff... how bout I roll on over and help ya with that part of the operation? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif my steering box oughta be back by then... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

16. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That's how it goes! I appreciate your offer of help though! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Very cool! It's a /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif After all this crap, your steering box will be a nice cool breaze! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I probably won't be ready to reassemble anything till the week of Nov. 3rd. I have plenty to do in between! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I'll drop it by before I go to meet Badbowtie (11:00) if that's o.k. I'll try to get over after I get home, but my wife has family coming into town, so I'll probably get veto'ed /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. Hope you have fun.
    T-roy

19. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Thanks T-roy. Just let me know when you want it back. I'll keep it in the garage. I know how picky I am about my tools, so I try to take better care of other peoples stuff than my own. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Anytime is fine on Sat. morning. I'll be home pretty much all day. It'll probably take me most of the day to get everything yanked out. Heck, if I just get the t-case and tranny out in one day I'll be happy. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Thanks again!

20. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

cool. See you tomorrow.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif