Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone up for some wheelin on Memorial weekend?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Storm Trooper, May 17, 2004.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I been lacking seat time in the "Trooper" and wanna do some wheelin! Since it's a long weekend, I was thinking of Moab just because of the many trails out there but I'm open for suggestions. So what do you all think? Anyone up for it?
    I don't think it will be too hot yet.
    We could also call it a meet & greet thing too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Dave

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Wanna go to Las Cruces? Bunch of us headed down there (me, Moneypit, i4x4, Butch, and more). Bit of a drive but not too bad.

3. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Id like to Dave, but Ill be installing my Atlas that weekend.
    /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

4. Storm Trooper

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Las Cruces? I've never been there and it sounds like fun but judging by who is going, it sounds like I'd be a drag because most of them have Truggys or don't need to worry about body damage. Don't get me wrong, cause you guys are the best to wheel with, but I don't take my truck up places like upper Helldo etc. so.....
    I might also be able to talk the wife into going and I don't want to scare the crap out of her on the first trip or she won't go again!
    (wife= /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif)
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Fill me in on what you guys are going to run and what trucks everyone is taking though.
    Thanks for the offer James /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, let me know.
    I doubt I would have enough time to drive 594 miles and 11+ hrs. on this trip though /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.
    TJ, good luck with the project, maybe we will wheel again together some year /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif, /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. denver75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    maybe we will wheel again together some year

[/ QUOTE ]

You'r more than welcome to come up with us to chinamans / carnage the weekend after mem. day.

6. Storm Trooper

If I don't end up in Moab for some reason and I'm not on call I might just do that. I have a buddy that lives about two miles away in BV. I was just hanging out at his place last Sun. enjoying the warmer weather. It just seems that your trips fall when ever I'm on call so I don't even bother posting /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif (sucks) Oh well....
    I just fired a guy so now I'm on call evey other week again /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

We are going to Moab for Memorial Day with my sister and brother-in-law. Not sure how much wheeling we're going to get in, my brother-in-law is kind of chicken to do too much (Ford owner /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif). Also this will be the first big trip with my 9month old son, and we have no idea how he's going to do. At the very least I want to run down the White Rim trail in the Needles district. I know, not to exciting wheelin' wise, but I love the scenery. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. denver75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    so now I'm on call evey other week again

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling , ive ben doing 10-12 hour days for at least 4 weeks now, IM BURNT!!!

9. Storm Trooper

Hey Scott, I'll give you a shout when it gets closer and let you know were we will be staying. Might be motel 6 or at my friends house south of town. I can take you guys on some semi easy trails if you want. Like I said, I'll might have the wife with me so some of the time will need to be scenic runs. I'd like to have one day leaving the wife behind and doing some harder stuff too /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif.

10. mrk5

That's cool. We'll be getting there Friday morning and leaving Monday morning. We have a site in Arches.

11. Storm Trooper

We will be heading out on Fri. afternoon and heading back on Monday too. So what part of the state are you in? I'm in Dillon.

12. mrk5

I live in Ault, 15min straight east of Ft. Collins. Actually spend most of my time in Greeley.

My sister lives in Junction, so we are driving to there on Thursday and then on too Moab on Friday.

13. Storm Trooper

Nice!, that will make it easy on Fri.
    Keep an eye on the post and if something comes up, I'll PM you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Storm Trooper

Scott, look for my truck, we will be staying at Motel 6 on the north side of town. Here is my truck if you don't know it....
    [​IMG]
    So what does your truck look like?
    I will have my CB on channel 11 if you have one.
    Maybe we can do a trail on Sat. or Sun.?
    Let me know. Dave

15. mrk5

Dave,

I think we will, unfortunately I don't have a CB. Keep meaning to get one. I don't have a pic on this computer, but my truck is here so I will snap one in a little bit.

Will you be able to access the computer Thursday night? I will be in Junction at my sister's and I can figure out which day would work. You'd said something about your wife wanting to do a scenic trail. If that is still the case we are planning to go down the White Rim trail one of the days. Would that work for you? Then we could see about hitting a different trail on another day.

16. mrk5

Here's a pic of my truck. The other is my brother-in-law's truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Niced posed picture, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif It was actually for Ford Truck World calendar.

17. mrk5

Oh yeah. I was going to say, "Cool truck".

My wife and sister are talking about wanting to go to the water park one day. So if they do that I would rather do a little wheeling. Maybe that would be a day for a more difficult trail.