Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone up to the challenge?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by B_to_C, Mar 15, 2004.

1. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I would love to see a tech article on removable doors for a blazer. Jeeps do it, why not us? From what i've read it would be extremely easy to do, caomparable to the skill level needed to shave a 14 bolt. Anyone interested in making a formal how-to? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I thought there was one. Its real easy to do. You just pop the door pins, throw them away, buy replacement Ford door pins from the "Help" section at the cheap auto parts store. They are larger in diameter and take up the slack from the missing bushings. The bottom one can drop in. The top one has to come in from the bottom. You can put it in there and then drill a small hole to stick a cotter pin in to hold it up. Mine has electric windows so I made a plug for the wires.

Tha hardest part was getting the pins out of the hinges. I had to beat the crap out of them.

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

No offense, but that's the sort of stuff i've been reading, and even though "it's wicked simple" It's still not the clearest thing in the world. Maybe I just volunteerd to do a detailed write up w/ pics? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Print out Matt's reply, then take it outside and look at your door....it should be pretty obvious then.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif