Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use a Dodge D60 with CAD for SAS ?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Jan 31, 2004.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

So Im gonna do a SAS on an '01 HD. The guy got Dana 60 out of a '01 Dodge, which has CAD. Has anyone used a Dodge 60 for SAS? What about the CAD? Also steering? All help would be appreciated! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Hmm I've seen hubs added to a Dodge 60 but as for the CAD I don't know. They sell hand operated CAD things like they do for the Chevy actuator, I'd say just get one of those and you should be set.

3. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

There was someone making a kit to add hubs to the newer Dodges. I saw it a few yrs ago when doing a search for a guy @ work. Can't find it now. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Also, there was an article in Peterson's 4WOR a few yrs ago about a Dynatrack kit that added hubs and a special inner axle to replace the two pc axle w/the CAD. I never did see how much they wanted for it. I imagine you could have them make their cross over arm for Ball Joint knuckles work for the Dodge as well.

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

Well i ll give Dynatrac a call and see what I find out.

5. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I'd be curious about the new spindle setup. I might want to upgrade my '98 Dodge front axle. I called DTS from Detroit, MI and they were not away of any hub upgrades for the late model dodge 60s.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

Yeah after 99 the axles are what you call hybrid 60s, basically only the centersection is dana, the outers arent, thats why the hub conversion wont work. Piece of junk!

8. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Wow, they are sure proud of their parts!
    I might just take my other D60 from a '92 dodge and re-tube it so the pig is on the drivers side. Dynatrac said about $40/ft for axle tube material.