Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone use a Holly truck avenger 770cfm?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by berndogg, Sep 1, 2004.

1. berndogg

berndogg Registered Member

I've got a built 454 and I'm trying to decide on a new carb
    suitable for off-roading. I'm looking at the Edelbrock AVS thunder off-road but I don't think it's big enough. I'm also interested in Edelbrock's Q-jet 750cfm. I would like to know more about Holley's truck avenger 770cfm if anyone has used one, what they think and how well it will work on my 454. Any opinion would be greatley appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

A member of our club bought one.. He is what I would consider an expert on carbs.. He never could get the thing to run right.. He finally sold it and bought a edelbrock..

3. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

I had a 670 on my 350. I spent *hours* and decent chunk of change on it, trying to get it running right. Never did. Even had a self-procalimed Holly "expert" (read: fanatic) try to tune it to no avail. I ended up replacing it with an Edelbrock 650 Performer. worked pretty good right out of the box, and re-jetting it is *easy*, as I just have to pull the air cleaner, and 2 screws to get to the metering rods and springs.

4. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

The only 2 carbs I have ever had run consistantly was a performer and a quadrajet. All 4 holleys I have owned ran very different from day to day, and even stop light to stop light.