Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use a TC-EZ ride 3" front and rear spring lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jjlaughner, Jul 22, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Anyone use a TC-EZ ride 3\" front and rear spring lift?

Trying to figure out if I can use a zerorate up front to move the front axles forward and still sit level? OR, If I am going to need to order 2" fronts and 3" rears?

The fronts now are pretty saggy (in negative arch) and the rears seem ok, and the truck is currently pretty close to level. It has the three spring pack up front and the 5 or 6 leaf out back with an overload bar. (these are not stock springs, they came from a truck in 1990, not off a 90, but got changed in 90).

Anyhow, people with 3" springs front and rear....
    Level or can a zerorate be used up front?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Anyone use a TC-EZ ride 3\" front and rear spring lift?

If you only want 3", use an add a leaf and a block. You'll want to go bigger anyway so don't spend any money right now.

I'd go 4" if I were you.

Negative arch is normal up front. That's the way our trucks came from the factory.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you only want 3", use an add a leaf and a block. You'll want to go bigger anyway so don't spend any money right now.

I'd go 4" if I were you.

Negative arch is normal up front. That's the way our trucks came from the factory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already have add-a-leaf rears with an overload bar, front is saggin enough you can see where it hits the bump stops all the time, the ride is REALLY jarring even cruising around town.
    I'm looking for a better ride, more than I am lift. The springs that are under the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif are so stiff! So I want a softer/quiter spring. These springs in the front pop and snap when you take off and the front end comes back down it pops really hard. I have even sprayed wd-40 in the front and gets better for a short time. These springs have had there 180K mile worth, its time for new springs! I thought about a shackle flip rear but I dont want to do more than 4" because it is still a daily driver for the highway and need to be able to get into parking garages downtown on occation /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to go the same route on my daily driver! I've heard great things about the EZ-rides! I haven't experieanced them yet, but they will be my first choice when I get to the daily driver! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif