Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use Bilstein shocks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AJMBLAZER, Mar 30, 2002.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I'm currently an IFS guy, but am in the process of selling it for a K5./forums/images/icons/cool.gif Bilstein HD's are big with IFS. I liked them on my IFS truck, but don't hear much about them on this forum. Anyone use them?

Do they make any of the Bilstein 5100 series shocks for K5's?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I want to, just haven't been able to scrape up the money. And yes, they do make them for our applications. Call up Offroad Warehouse, they were helpful when I talked to them. They have a website also, <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroadwarehouse.com>http://www.offroadwarehouse.com</a>

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Bilsteins are great, but a bit rich for my blood. But your application also matters alot too - high spped stuff Vs. slower. One word of advice if you go with the 'Steins is to use limit straps - they are the most sensitive things I've ever seen when it comes to overextension.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Had 'em on mine til last week. I thought they might have been contributory to the body roll I was having, (like too soft)so I put rancho 9000s on it to stiffen things up. Turns out the driver side rear springs were busted under the strap thingy so no one could see it. So now I have brand new Bilsteins sitting in my garage /forums/images/icons/frown.gif The ride on them was very smooth.

5. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I've never heard of them. I just run rs5000s

6. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Bilsteins are the hot ticket in motorsports of every kind. From Baja race trucks with external resevoir coil over shocks to lowered BMW's with lowering kits to hot rods to just about anything. Stock replacement to the aformentioned $1000 Baja shocks with 20" of travel. I was just wondering as I never heard anyone talking about them here on CK5. I'm getting another set, provided they make them long enough for 4-5" of lift on a K5./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I don't like my RS5000's. Just ride rough on the road, and if anything offroad were worse than my over 71,000 mile Bilstein HD shocks they replaced./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You can get 'Steins for 24" travel with eye/eye ends - more than enough for 12" of lift/forums/images/icons/smile.gif