Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone use carpet dye?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Mar 20, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

stupid faded new black carpet needs to be fixed. Yeah i know its all about a touch of bling but It pisses me off that it faded so bad. Anyways, any suggested brands or techniques?

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I've used the Duplicolor spray cans. I think they work well. I just washed all the carpets from my 87 before i put them in the 76. Gray. Still had some stains and faded spots. Sprayed it on, A light dusting over the whole thing and then a little extra on the sore spots. Looked good. My wifes old 87 with blue carpets, faded real bad in the rear floor. I used their blue to re-color that one.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

1.) Empty piggy bank into pocket.
    2.) Go to local art/craft store.
    3. Purchase how ever many black jiffy(permanent) felt markers your piggy bank can afford.
    4.) Go home and get comfortable in your rig.
    5.)Now pretend your little again and color on the carpet until theres no fade marks. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    6.)Done! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Purchase how ever many black jiffy(permanent) felt markers

[/ QUOTE ]

what about when you get pulled over for swerving down the road /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Purchase how ever many black jiffy(permanent) felt markers

[/ QUOTE ]

what about when you get pulled over for swerving down the road /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Then you pretend you've gone insane until the copp'r pisses his pants and gets frightened away. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Another way to do it, would be to pick up some fabric dye, rent a carpet cleaner, yank out yer seats and mix the dye into the clean water on the carpet cleaner and go to town.

We did it in our house, but I'm sure it'll work in your ride as well too. It came out nice and even, and the dye really soaks in all the way so that it lasts.