Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use creatine? -- UPDATE --

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dogdaysunrise, Feb 12, 2007.

1. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

I have been hittin the weights pretty heavy as of late and am starting to think about using creatine again. I used to use it when I was pushing weights alot playing football, but never really noticed much results. I am thinking about trying it again but am not sure what kind I should get.

Anyone out there use it? If so what kinda and does it work?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Yeah I do, liquid form.

It really helps your workout.

I use 'Muscle Marketing USA' brand. Thermo-male and ATP-Advantage (creatine serum).

Liquid drops goes under the tongue.

3. dogdaysunrise

I was talking to some guys at the nutrition store and they said it really helps your muscles heal. He was saying you could burn the crap outta them, and they will be good the next day so you can do it all over again. Any experiences like that?

Honestly the only thing I noticed when I used it before (it was a powder that I mixed with juice) was that I pissed alot and it stank. Maybe I was just using cheap stuff?

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

EAS was great.i just got back to hitting the weights.and EAS was awsome when i used it.they recomended loading on it.then once a day,but GNC didn't have it.:mad: that **** was great,it gave me an inch on my arms in no time.:D

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Im more of a protien guy. Eat right and you will be fine. But then again, when I was 100% beef I was using Oxidrene which helps restore oxygen to your muscles so you can lift sooner.

6. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

This is just my two cents, take what you want, leave the rest...Creatine is a great supplement, if you use it correctly and especially if you are eating correctly. First of all, do NOT get creatine that uses anything other than Creapure, as they are generally made in China and suck...secondly, decide if you want a loading phase and if so, then load as directed...if not, go with Prealkalyne or FSI's creatine pure (or similar) to avoid the need for a high fructose upload mechanism...most creatine needs the sugar to make its way to the muscle...this is no bueno becuase very little makes it to the muscle. Take creatine twice a day on workout days. Once upon awakening on an empty stomach and once as soon as you are done working out wen your muscles are at their most absorbant level...

Good luck.

7. dogdaysunrise

Sweet man thanks. I will head over to Popeyes tomorrow and check it out.

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Canny and I are using CN whey protein supplements. All about the proteins here. Strength gains were immense.
    A year ago when I first started out lifting, 175 lbs. was a struggle to bench. Now, today, 275 lbs. is a struggle for me but I'm still getting stronger and stronger. I'm hoping to be able to bench 325-350 within the next year or so.

9. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

there is some research now that says that a loading phase is not neccesary. I use twinlabs brand. Look like horse pills. I have noticed that i can extend my workout and that the recovery is much faster.

10. dogdaysunrise

I am using Dymatize Elite for protein, but am looking into getting Creatine going also for the muscle healing. I was reading up about the loading phase not being necassary. There still seems to be alot of mixed opinions on that. I will load up when I start it up next week.

275lbs bench eh? holy chit. How many reps? I can bairly do 3 or 4 pushed of 200lbs.

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

When I was in high school, I weighed 135 lbs and was benching 275. Honestly. I could rep 225 5 or so times, and 135 about 25 times. I was never very great at squats though. All of this and I never used creatine. I used whey protein for a few months and didnt notice any difference so I quit buying it (it was expensive).
    -Harrison

12. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah I am into the whole protein/creatine thing and the best bang for the buck I have found is bsn products, both the preworkout supp they have called no-explode, and the post workout called cell mass. They are honestly the best tasting, and most effective creatine I have tried so far and swear by them both. Not a sponsor or anything, but I have tried alot of different creatine supps and this surpassed them all. the whole made in china whatever is BS, you can get quality supplements from anywhere, its just the other ingredients that make THE difference between them all along with the type of creatine, whether its esterfied or monohydrate, the bsn products have alot of amino acids in them for added aid in recovery, and are not loaded with sugar like cell-tech is(made by muscletech). Personally I get the orange flavored noexplode, and blend it up with some orange juice, and its so freaking delicious, its hard not to have another.......and another. Goodluck finding a good one.

Remington

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Try using creatine ethyl ester instead of creatine monohydrate (the usual stuff). The creatine ethyl ester is absorbed a lot easier and requires less in the loading and maintanence phase than creatine monodydrate.

The better the product the better the results. If you use cheap creatine it most likely isn't pure and during the processing contaminants may have came in with the batch. This is a reasonable guess on why your urine stank: cheap creatine.

14. dogdaysunrise

First off Stave where is the monkey?

Second, thats kinda what I figured about the stinky pee. I have talked to a few guys at the gym and it seems that most of them like Dymatize Enhance.

15. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Doesnt that stuff also make your farts smell somewhere between dead skunk and rotten eggs?

Worked with a guy that took it and he could fog us out of the shop with watery eyes and burning noses.

16. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I used Creatine years ago when i was in shape. More recently, during one of my short lived "i'm getting back in shape" phases, I used Nutrabolics NOZ Supercharged at the recomendation of the supplement store guy because it doesn't require a loading period.

They have come a long way since I first used creatine, and I haven't done any recent research to see what is the best or if the above is even any good.

Never had any "gas" issues with creatine, or any other suppliment.

17. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Maybe it was protein then. Or he was a naturally stinky guy. :D

18. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I think some of the old "mass builder" sups would make ya stank.

19. dogdaysunrise

Well I bought some Dymatize Expand. No loading phase and is quick to absorb. It also doesnt cause water retention.

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Monkeys in the closet...