Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use Explorer ProComp springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pugsley, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've made my way to the planning stages for the new Blazer - first order of business - Suspension (I've nearly broken my neck every time I've gotten in/out of this lowrider, and the tires are shot anyway) If anyone can provide a little info on how stiff/supple the Explorers are, and any major problems, let me know. TIA.

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I've had both the 2.5 and 4 inch Pro Comp lifts and I do have to say that the 2.5's where a little stiffer then the 4's. But then again when I put the 2.5's in I didn't know much about trucks and thought that EVERYTHING needed to be tighter than hell, so maybe that is a good reason they rode stiff. I went from a dual shock setup to a single shock setup and went with better shocks when I switched over to the 4's so that helped too. All in all I think that the Pro Comp's are good for the money and as long as you grease everything good and don't overtighten everything it'll ride smoothly.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have Procomp 2.5" springs in the front. Ride is pretty stiff,but I got a good deal on them. I've had them for a couple of years now,and haven't noticed any sag.

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Iv got 6" Pro Comp front springs.The ride is nice and they give ok flex.I paid $190 for them at 4 wheel parts.

5. What would be the reason for not getting Tuff Country we all know that they ride pretty smooth, arnt real expensive, and flex pretty well. I would suggust the Tuff Country's, but it's your choice. Later

6. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

I'm running 4" and they work pretty good, they are a marked improvement over what I pulled out!
    A while back someone posted about the springs in the Genuine Suspension packages at 4 wheel parts, and they said they used the same springs, Pro Comp, you might want to check into it and save you a few buck, that is if you are going to buy from there.
    If I had it to do over, I would have bought from ORD, and got a shackle flip for the rear, now I am saving my pennies and trying to explain to the wife why I need a shackle flip.

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Thanks all - I'll give 4WPW a buzz and see if they can give me some specs on them. I'd go Superlift again, but I have to go kinda cheap on this go round - every few bucks saved helps, ya know? As for the Tuff Country, I'm not sure how well they'd hold up to repeated aerial antics and extended periods of heavy vibration. I'll look into them too - Thanks again all/forums/images/icons/smile.gif!!!

8. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have ProComp 6" front springs. They are really stiff IMO.
    However, I have some really cheap shocks SO they may have a lot to do with it.
    I've got some slightly better shocks on the way and I'll have to see what they are like.
    -- Mike

9. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Hey, if you're not busy tomorrow Don (blublaz57) and I are gonna head to Chivo for a little while. I'll let you drive my blazer (2.5 procomp explorer) and you can judge for your self. I love them! If you or anyone else is intersted give me a call on my cell. 404 7028 we'll prolly leave around noonish. Matt jhas a track meet I'm going to in the AM.

10. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I have 6" Pro Comp in front. They are too stiff for my taste. Also, they settled a lot after I got them. My rear Tuff Countrys flex better, ride better, haven't sagged, and are about the same price as the Pro Comps. I would get them or the Skyjacker Softrides. They are the only ones besides Pro Comp that I've had first hand experience with. The Pro Comps aren't bad springs at all, I just prefer a softer spring. I've also heard great things about BDS. I would definitely check them out as well. They have a no fine print warranty: If you are the original owner and our product fails, we will replace it no questions asked.

Will

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I've heard that the PC suspension stuff is made by Rancho Suspension. Just something I heard or read somewhere a while back.
    Something about Rancho made the PC shocks, and also the lift kits. Just a name brand thing.
    If you notice, the PC and Rancho springs look identical side by side.

12. jjlaw

jjlaw Registered Member

I just bought the geuine sus from 4 wheel parts two weeks ago 400.00 withfront springs rear blocks ubolts and raised stering arm and 4 cheap eliminator shocks all came in sealed procomp boxes it rode alittle rough but its rough on the street and nice soft offroad [image]http://tellico.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/731987-my%20suburban.jpg[/image]