Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use govliquidation.com?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Jan 20, 2004.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got a question for any of you that have used it: If I were to purchase something out of my state on govliquidation.com, how do I arrange shipping? Do I just call a shipping company and give them the base address and then call the base and tell them and it just works? I'm worried about bidding on something and winning for a good chunk of change only to find out I have to fly 1/2 way accross the US to get it and ship it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Buy within driving distance.

The problem is that you have to have permission to go on the base most of the time now. My friend found out that in order to go on some base in Virginia he had to have documentation (the invoice) to go on the base and the bid winner had to be present in order to sign a liability document to remove it. I think if he'd had all his ducks in a row it wouldn't have been a problem.

I know if you go through all the official channels you can have a third party (shipping company or whatever) handle it for you. They just have to have your invoice, a signed liability document, and a document that authorizes them to remove what you won on your behalf.

Hah, I just looked. Click on the "tutorial" link on the website.