Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use Herculiner as a sound deadner?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MOABDADC22, Jan 4, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Has anyone evr used Herculiner as a sound deadner? I have an extra gallon and thought about using it on my Chevelle floorboard instead of that tar paper stuff. Any thoughts?? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

i did, didnt do that much that i could tell, but even if it doesnt do enough for you, you can still put that tar paper over it. It cant hurt.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the entire interior of my truck is herculined. I like it a lot. Its tough, its cheap, and it protects against rust (which i hate with a passion). That said, it isnt the best sound deadener around, probably because it goes on relatively thin (even with 3 coats). If you want to sound deaden with a bed liner, Line X or Rhino would prolly be a much better solution.

J

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

carpet is better

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I lined the inside of mine with herculiner too. I would have to agree its too thin to be an effective sound barrier. It can't hurt though. I like the idea of the inside being coated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    carpet is better

[/ QUOTE ] I am going to use the Herculiner and then put the carpet over it. I guess if it is too loud.....Oh well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I put 1/2" pad and carpet in my son's 68 Bronco and it was not quiet. Later removed it all and Herculined it as well. Put pad and carpet back in, what an improvement this was. I used almost 2 gallons of Herculiner on the inside of my K5, installed a 1/2" carpet pad and then new carpet. Like the results of Herculiner product in both trucks.

8. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

ive used herculiner in the bed of a truck didnt hold up well i put the duplicolor stuff right on top it was much better

9. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

try a product called "dynomat". My buddy had an older 4 runner that was lined with that stuff on the interior under the carpet and it was awesome!! May be the "tar paper" stuff you are talking about

10. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

dont know about herculiner but all the street rod guys are using a ceramic base product that you spray on and it reduces noise and temp seen it in classic trucks magazine couple of months ago

11. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status