Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone use or know anyone that has used

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by captain chaos, Jul 4, 2002.

1. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

whiplash suspension rear spring's?
    thank's

dave

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Why not go with a more established brand? Whiplash is so new that I'm sure that they just buy someone else's springs, relabeling them and selling them as their own... </font color>

3. captain chaos

i need lot's of lift..
    they are showing 10" rear's for 229.00.
    i don't have a shop near me to custom make them so i am just checking around.
    going to check out there web site when i'm done catching up on ck5 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .

dave

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Holy crap, do those come with a kidney belt and a mouthguard? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Yeah, I don't usually see springs from any major company that have more than 8" of lift, usually a 12" lift is with those and a 4" block. What are you putting them on?</font color>

5. captain chaos

81 1 ton with 12" front's and 2" body. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

dave

6. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

if that is the Whiplash out of Fresno, CA LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH. Please do not buy from them. They have such a horrible rep, plus they have some cheap ass kits. I'm not even sure if they are in business anymore. I heard they got caught with stolen crate motors or something.

7. captain chaos

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif ok thank's, i also thought i had heard somthing about them being cheaply built. but i wasn't sure and thought i would ask. checked out there web site last night. they didn't have what i wanted anyway.
    there prices sure arn't cheap..
    thank's

dave

8. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

They got shut down due to several counts of insurance fraud /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I never did like them any ways .

9. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Whiplash is still in business, but just on the R and D end of it, they still manufacture the kits they are just not allowed to work on the trucks any more. They owe me $240 for a rear smittybilt bumper, got shut down right after I picked up the front bumper, the rear had a few more days to arrive /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

10. JohnnyFres

JohnnyFres Newbie

My brother had their crap on his 98 Sub and it was pure [censored]. so yes they are cheaply built /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

This isnt the first time these guys have been in trouble with the law.The same owners had a shop called Wild Country off road.They got busted for the same thing,closed its doors ,screwed customers,dropped outa site,and popped up again as Whiplash.Im sure the cycle will continue.

Good luck on the bumper.

12. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

aren't they the same people as full throtle suspension i don't i just read that somwhere

13. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I would say no they are not the same.
    on another site we had them slandering each other and posting links to the court procedings on each other

14. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the established guys do that as well.
    my superlift springs the are advertised 'made in america' arrived with 'made in canada' stickers

15. captain chaos

my 12" super lift front spring's. say made in INDIA. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
    WTF

dave

16. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Some kid around here has a Tahoe with a Whiplash 10" kit on it, the truck is supposed to be strickly a street truck (not sure, but I've never seen it off road). One of the IFS brackets broke at a weld like it never really stuck together, REAL CHEESEY looking part! I saw it at a local shop that oredered a replacement part to put it back together. Appearantly Whiplash denied the warranty claim saying it was abused but the part was pretty clean and didn't look twisted or beat on (like it was abused). Anyway, I know this is comparing apples to oranges but quality of workmanship should be the same across the board, I'd stick with an established brand name.

17. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

I heard nothing but good things about Full Throttle, and no they arnt the same people.

18. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

How have your 12" Superlifts held up? I've heard alot about Superlift springs sagging and riding uneven (i know they do on my Superduty) and I'm hesitant to buy them but I need about a 12" lift? Do you wheel it at all?

19. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> A friend of mine in Bakersfield saw a truck with a Full Throttle lift in an off road shop that had split the crossmember in half straight down the middle. That's something that I wouldn't want to happen to me on the freeway.</font color>

20. captain chaos

i haven't wheeled it yet. i just got them and pickup as been apart for 2 year's. from what i have learned on here from other's running them. they are very stiff and do not sag. and yes this get's wheeled HARD.
    hope fully in 6 month's to a year i can give you a answer. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

dave