Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use stock AC compressor for onboard air?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dawson444, Jun 11, 2004.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

If you do, what kind of oil do you put it in? When do you put it in? Do you have any type of oil seperator on the outlet? How often do you go through compressors? Thanks!

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Where the hell have you been? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A friend of mine has a complete TBI 350 in his CJ7. He uses the stock GM a/c compressor for on board air. He has a small filter on the inlet side and drips some oil from his engine oil dipstick into the inlet each time he uses it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It's been going for at least 6 years that I know of. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just don't run it all afternoon trying to air up a fleet of truck tires and it should be fine. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

I am running one. It has been in use for 4 years...no problems. I use a adjustible oiler and a seperator. They probubly hold 8-10 ounces. I let it drip once every 2-3 seconds. Fill it up and drain every 4-6 months.

EDIT: oh and I use air tool oil.

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

6. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the help. I have been lurking around some, but been really busy with school and everything. I should be back some now.

When you said you use an adjustable oiler and seperator, what do you mean? Where in the system do you run these two things? Do you run the oiler on the inlet side, and the sepetator on the outlet side?

7. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

8. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

Yep you are trying to oil the AC pump...so you run your oiler before the pump and the seperator after the pump (and before anything you don't want oiled). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

that penguin bit is halarious /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    anyway i use a a/c of a dodge it's a v twin pump and you just fill it up i used non det 30w with a oil seperator after just top it up once in a while.