Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use the High-Tec retreaded tires?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AJMBLAZER, Oct 26, 2001.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

So I called out of curiousity, and the cost to my door for a set of four of their 33x12.5R15 MT's is $320. Which is just about half what I can expect to pay for any other MT. I figure with having them mounted and some bargain basement rim shopping, I can have them mounted and balanced on some 15x8's for less than $500. I know some of you are going, ick, retreads, but before you say that or start posting about all the carcasses on the highway, take a peek at their website:
    Green Diamond</font color=green>" things that are supposed to increase winter and overall traction on the tires. Go to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/diamond.html>http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/diamond.html to look at it. What do you think of it? The owner told me $15 a tire extra to have the Green Diamonds in the tread. They can do it for any size, any tread of their tires. Worth the extra $15 per tire, or a bunch of hoey?[​IMG]

So has anyone used these things? If so, what did you think? Have any problems with them? How long did they last? How'd they do on and off road?

1992 Blazer Sport, 350/4L60, Flowmaster, K&N, MSD stuff, 2" Rancho[​IMG], 285/75R16 AT's[​IMG]

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

check out my reply on your other post (dunlop muds)

--matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350 crate, 33's.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Roader</font color=red>