Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use these tents???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I've been looking for ways to make camping easier... I want to do a lot of it this summer, and I'm wanting to figure out how I can do it with one or two nights... I want to be able to just load some stuff in my vehicle (whatever it may be), take off to a spot somewhere in Colorado or west of Laramie and just set up for a night or two and take off...

I found a lot of tents like these: http://www.eatel.net/~dacinc/mstents.html and was just wondering if anyone has used them before... They seem cheap enough, and if they don't take up all my room inside the truck so I can still take stuff, it'd make things that much quicker... plus I wouldn't have to run the risk of finding a big rock under my bag at 2 in the morning (hurts for a looong time I've found)...

so anyone use these?? Any opinions from anyone??? Any other cool ideas to make a one nighter easier?!! I'm on a budget btw or I'd just buy a pickup with a camper and keep it stocked all summer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking you could save a few bucks and buy a tarp, some velcro, maybe some pvc tubing and make one just as good.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If ya had a K5, you could just fold up the back seat and sleep in the back.

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I would love to put one of these up on my safari rack, instant popup but too much $$
    [​IMG]

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'm thinking you could save a few bucks and buy a tarp, some velcro, maybe some pvc tubing and make one just as good.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was thinking the same thing! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Wallmart 39 bucks... Works fine... Lasts a long time... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

By the way, I brought all of what you see in the K5. Along with myself and the dog. For more pics of this vacation, see My Last Vacation /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

yeah, that was a good write up, you did a good job of it, looked like ya had too much fun, i like reading those kind of articles /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

How did the stuff fit in the K5?? Was there much extra room for... other stuff??

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, when it's just the wife and I, we take the back seat out of the blazer and sleep in the back. When we take the kids, we pack the 3 man tent and they have their own "room". They love it, and it's FAST! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I can pack for a weekend camping trip in less than 2 hours. I can set up in less than an hour, and I can tear down in less than an hour. If I need more room, I use the receiver rack to hold the coolers, toolbox, and such.

10. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

You can also buy a pop-up tent at big 5. They're like $80. Easy up and easy down!

11. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

For me I can see that being a pain in the ass. I still use a tent and for that Rock get a air mattress. I have a roll up mat And right now I can't think of the name of it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Tents are Cheep to get and are easy to setup.

Eric