Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use this 208 SYE kit?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by txbartman, Nov 6, 2002.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Always looking for a SYE for my 208. Found this one today from Driveline Solutions. Anyone use this, have any experience with the company, or know any other such kits?

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

thats the only one for the 208 i've ever seen. i've done some reading up on it and i would say it should work just fine. i would just say that you would have to make darn sure that your bolt hole is centered on the output shaft.

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    From looking at the eliminator pictured, I figure to place it on the shaft and use it to help me determine where the hole should be drilled and so forth. Using this method should work fairly well.

4. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i agree...and their price for kit 2 seems to be priced pretty well. if you do it i, along with many others, would love a write up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

The end of the output shaft is already drilled out somewhat for the live center to hold it during machining, so that will center your drill. The hard part would be to make sure you drill it perfectly straight into the shaft. I've been kicking this idea around for quite some time, I guess someone beat me to it! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Although I want to shorten the tailhousing too, along with bolting down the slip yoke.

6. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Put another one on the list. But i was under the impression that you can't just tap the out put shaft. I'd imagine that the metal is pretty darn hard. What I was thinking about doing was putting the tailshaft on a lathe and cut some threads into it. But to this point i was trying to figure out where to get the flange out put that would fit. Now i know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

K10ANDYKHAMNIC has done a conversion himself using dodge parts. There is one small shaft support that has to be welded to the inside of the dodge case to make it work. He has posted about it before.

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status