Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone use this lift kit before??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bckinblk, Dec 2, 2003.

1. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Heckethorn shocks /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Sounds like a rebadged Rough Country system to me....Lots of love hate opinions about those on here....I would be more inclined to just buy from RC than that. If something is wrong, there is a better chance of getting it made right....

3. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Do you mean tough country ??I thought they were the same company?? I don,t think rc offers a kit like this for under $550 ..Anyone have a set up like this ??How does your truck ride??.. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

RC and TC are two different companys, night and day....

RC kit is 459....

I have the TC EZ ride version, and it rides sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It was $300 more though....

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Heckethorn is tough country

6. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Rough Country is a Division of Heckethorn Products, Inc.
    Rough Country Scroll to bottom of the page. If you can deal with a little rough ride its a good deal and Blazer weighs less than a Suburban so might be rougher. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Heckethorn is Rough country

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

R U sure????

9. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

My $.02
    Ran those springs in front, hated the ride, bent a spring, bought BDS. It is a heck of a deal, it does have everything, brake line extension, steering arm, u-bolt, shocks, all springs, it will do the job for a lift. I just gaduated to needing more but I still run the shocks and steering arm (for now: see x-over). I would really recommend some TC or BDS. This is just my own opinion and personal experience.

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rough Country is indeed a division of Heckethorn. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a Rough Country Lift and I had the option to put either the Heckethorn or the Rough Country stickers on the shocks. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rough Country is indeed a division of Heckethorn. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a Rough Country Lift and I had the option to put either the Heckethorn or the Rough Country stickers on the shocks. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, all the above info is true. Rough Country is one of the oldest lift kit manufacturers out there on the market. They have been around since sometime in the 70's along with Rancho Suspension. Matter of fact, those two were considered the "competition" of lift kits back then because they were about the only lift kits available. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

So, yeah, there is a Rough and Tough Country name brand. And Rough Country is a division of Heckethorn. This probably comes normal to some older members here since some of us can remember all their ads they had in magazines. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Do you remeber Burkank Suspension Lift kits,
    they were later bought out by the big guy in town
    The Mr. Gaskit Comp. (group of companys) ?

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, Burbank, not Burkank. Burbank Suspensions was also one of those competition lifts, too. Forgot about them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

If you buy the Rough Country kit, remove a front leaf, it helps a lot. I'd also try and get a kit with blocks in the rear and run the ORD shackle flip in the back. Also, with the stiffer springs you can get rid of your swaybar... so no disconnects are needed. Anyways, I've been running the kit for a little over a year and have no complaints other than it was a little stiff before I removed the front leaf. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you buy the Rough Country kit, remove a front leaf, it helps a lot. I'd also try and get a kit with blocks in the rear and run the ORD shackle flip in the back. Also, with the stiffer springs you can get rid of your swaybar... so no disconnects are needed. Anyways, I've been running the kit for a little over a year and have no complaints other than it was a little stiff before I removed the front leaf. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What size lift do you have?
    Which leaf did you remove?

I have the RC 6" all spring kit and its kinda bouncy on rough roads.

16. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

If you're getting alot of bounce, you may want to step up on your shocks. Get a stiffer shock to handle the stiffer spring. Although if the ride is rough, removing a leaf would be best.....

17. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

I don't know?? I guess the more I read into this The tough country kit seems like the best way to go for me .I found a similar kit with the steering arm shocks u-bolts and rear springs for around $650 .It is more expensive then the other kits but from what you guys have said about tc I feel it is worth the extra..I use my k5 as my primary work hunting fishing camping truck so it sees alot of highway and the smoothness factor is important to me .I also tow a small trailer at times so Spring rate is a factor also..In stock form with dual quads (one shock drilled out)it rides pretty good with the trailer in back .I would like to have the same back forgiving ride on long hauls with the 4 inch kit ..Anyone know where I could get a smokin deal on the complete tc 4 inch lift kit?? Thanks for all the help dudes.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

18. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't know?? I guess the more I read into this The tough country kit seems like the best way to go for me .I found a similar kit with the steering arm shocks u-bolts and rear springs for around $650

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good deal, where did you find a TC all spring lift with the works for $650?

19. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

At rt speed plainville ct ..

20. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

88Jimmy, sorry for the late reply.
    [ QUOTE ]
    What size lift do you have?
    Which leaf did you remove?

I have the RC 6" all spring kit and its kinda bouncy on rough roads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the 4" RC lift and removed the bottom spring fromt the pack. It looks like an overload leaf because it's so short. It helped a lot, but I agree you might want to check into some new shocks. I had no bounce with my lift, it just fealt like the axles were welded right to the frame /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif