Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Used Cherokee Rear Springs in the front?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Flexy K20, May 20, 2003.

1. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

I am about to do this becuase I recently installed a Rubicon Express 4.5" Super Flex lift on my friends 2000 Cherokee, and got his rear springs. They appear to be about 1/2-1" longer then my 4" Superlift Front Springs. I am going to put some of my superlift leafs in to stiffen it up a bit and I was just wondering if anyone has done this or tried to do this? The center pin seems to be almost right on. The cherokee rear springs should be considerably softer (Superlift's are pretty stiff) so they should provide more flex. Anything I should consider before I try this? Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Take pics and let us know your results.

Do you know what the spring rates on those are?

Spring rates on the Chevy front springs???

I hope they don't sag to the ground on you.....

LMK

3. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am about to do this becuase I recently installed a Rubicon Express 4.5" Super Flex lift on my friends 2000 Cherokee, and got his rear springs. They appear to be about 1/2-1" longer then my 4" Superlift Front Springs. I am going to put some of my superlift leafs in to stiffen it up a bit and I was just wondering if anyone has done this or tried to do this? The center pin seems to be almost right on. The cherokee rear springs should be considerably softer (Superlift's are pretty stiff) so they should provide more flex. Anything I should consider before I try this? Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have done it and it worked well. Here is the pictures of it. http://www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com/photo.html Also if I would do that again I would move the front hanger forward 2" and use a 6" shackle. I used the top spring for the XJ and XJ add a leaf and the bottom 5 leafs was from a Wagoneer 6 leaf pack.