Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone used or seen a Road Armor bumper?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, May 8, 2002.

I was just wondering how they were (quality, durability, etc), I'm thinking about getting one, and just wanted your opinion on them. Also besides SEC (I know that are strugaling sp?) who makes good winch bumpers that can stand up to the abuse (trees, rocks etc). And also if you could give me their websites etc. Thanks 80K20

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

TNN's project big blaze used those bumpers

2. RobbieOH

RobbieOH Registered Member

Yeah actually my friend has a TR front bumper on his Grand Cherokee, and it stands up to some SEERIOUS abuse. He actually broke the eight grade-8 bolts that hold it on before he even dented the bumper itself. Those things are AWESOME! I highly recommend them. The owner Larry has f/r on his Grand as well (duh) and he went through the Ultimate Offroad Adventure with only a few scratches on the bumpers, and no body damage. As soon as I get the cash Im gettin one for my Blazer too. I can't say how well their bumpers work, you gotta see them in action. Prepare to be waiting though, they are a ways behind in production already, although I think it would be well worth the wait. Their customer service so far has been exceptional as well.

3. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

On a 81-91 Blazer the frame will bend before a winch type bumper does, the frames are so weak.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

The MOO ones I have are pretty sturdy. Pics:
    front:http://community.webshots.com/photo/20946915/35655401OhEJvW