Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone used this company????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CaveBlazin, Jan 13, 2003.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just wanted to check and see if anyone has bought an engine from this company cause they've got some GRRRREAT!!! deals on engines they maybe rebuilt but they all come with a 7 year 70'000 mile warranty. The company is http://www.chevy-gas-diesel-engines.com/chevy-engine-284.html thats the engine Im gonna get. Its a 400 long block for 1000 bucks and to add a performance cam its another 50 bucks and shipping is only 165$ Im gonna get it. I was just checking to see if any of yall have used them. Thanks,
    Spence

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    All long blocks come with cylinder head(s) attached and valve train installed. Valve covers, timing cover, intake manifold and oil pan are not included

[/ QUOTE ]

Most long blocks that I've seen come with the tin...but no intake.

You just gonna pay the core or send them your old motor?

rene

3. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good deal I have never heard of them
    but a 7/70 mile warranty you cant go to wrong.

Bo

4. CaveBlazin

I'll just pay the core its only 250$ and then I'll just part out or sell my engine. I just checked the Better Business Bureau and the company has a clean record with them. So if none of yall have had problems and yall think its a good deal I'll check them out. Im excited Im gonna have a 400 Sm block Yippy!!

5. CaveBlazin

Im sure someone has I hope! TTT

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm anal about leaks. I would just as soon put the tin on my self so I can be sure it's sealed. The crate motor in my wifes 79 had the valve covers overtightend and it leaked right from factory.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Wow, never heard of them before, but they are apparently less than 5 miles from my house!

Warranty sounds like a great deal, and being in good standing with the BBB is good, just don't forget if you Do have any problems (always assume the worst) you are going to probably end up paying shipping back to them, and then pay for another one to you. I didn't read the warranty info closely, if they cover it, great, if not, just remember that. Not trying to drive you away from them, but shipping is significant on an engine!

Actually makes me mad, I could have paid $1400 for a roller cam 4 bolt main one piece seal block instead of the hassle I'm going through right now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I would just as soon put the tin on my self so I can be sure it's sealed.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt Grimmy...putting it on yourself is usually better. At least you know who to blame if it does leak/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I had just never seen a long block sold without the tin...it really isn't a big deal. I'd bet most guys swap half of it before it ever fires anyways.

Rene