Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone using a dash cap?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cdh, Mar 14, 2003.

1. cdh

cdh Registered Member

My 89 blazer has lived its whole life in the Arizona sun, and my dash pad has paid the price. I have been looking into the molded dash caps. Anyone have any experience with these?

2. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My 89 blazer has lived its whole life in the Arizona sun, and my dash pad has paid the price. I have been looking into the molded dash caps. Anyone have any experience with these?

[/ QUOTE ]

they put some of those on a couple of trucks at work...they didn't take the time to clean the dash good and use enough adhesive to make them stick good, and they didn't stay put long. They look good. I think if you were to take the time and put them on right, they would work good. The guys putting them on did it half-ass - I don't think they even wiped the dirt off of the dash!

3. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

I use a DashMat that was already on the dash when I got my 88. I guess it is really old since the dash underneath is perfect /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I have a coverlay dash cap on my truck. its been on there for about 4years now without any problems. It looks a good as it did brand new. I would definetly recomend getting one.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dunno i think they are kind of like bandaids..id just put a new dash on it...