Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone using Bend-Tech EZ 3D?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Jun 19, 2005.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

just got mine in the mail on saturday... waiting for my reg code to get back to me via email so I can actually delve into this software. Looks like it would save the newbie bender a lot of $$$ in wasted steel. Anyone else using it?

j

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

we have it at the shop but havent used it. right now i bend tube "my way" but as soon as we get a bending project im gonna try using the program along side " my way" it seems pretty easy to use though.

3. jekbrown

yeah, i think peeps that have been bending/cutting/fitting tube for years wouldn't find much use for bend tech ez... they know from experience how to do it without wasting very much steel. It'd be cool to have that skill.... but I'd rather not waste mad $$$$ in tube attaining it. ;) I like the new simulation thing they have in 3d, shows you the entire process in graphic form... how the tube gets bent, how far you move it/rotate for the second bend and so on. Makes reproducing relatively complex multi-bend parts easier I would think.

j

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I only have the EZ model. I like it :D

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I used the Bend Tech EZ for my cage and bumpers...I thought it worked great!

Sometimes it's not a matter of whether you can figure it out yourself, it's a matter of time. I only have so much free time, and the software saves me a ton of time.

Rene

6. jekbrown

good point tR... K5-build time is always something that should be spent wisely! anyway, good to hear that it works for other peeps. Hopefully my registration key will be in my email box when I get home today....

j