Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone using bend tech?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Apr 9, 2007.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Anyone using bendtech? Just ordered my jd2 model 3 bender. Is the software worth it?

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

the software is pretty good, i like to wing/measure it though, it is a lot faster for me, & i get the same result.

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I have it but up to now I have not used it for anything I have bent up. my bumper, the cage I did for my buds zuki, tube doors I have started to make. I have had no real problems bending yet. I probably will be doing a cage here soon for a 2007 Nissan 4X4 fronteir that will be running in next years Baja 1000, in the stock truck mini class and I might try and see if it speeds things up for me.

others say they it has helped alot. for the money it costs I would say get it.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Just an example:

I have my own method of bending

a good friend has his method (uses the software)

for spits and giggles we had a little race: we didnt go any faster than normal--we both had the same measurements and said go.

no kidding, as soon as I picked up my paper he was walking out the door.

I feel it depends on how much you have bent already--if you have a method and can put out a good product keep doing it.

If you are relatively new to bending i think it will help you out and will be worth the money

5. bdozeraz

bdozeraz 1/2 ton status

I have the bend tech but haven't really figured out how to use it. This is all I use http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/bendin_tube/

Read it, learn it, live it. This is the easiest and best info I have seen on bending tube. I have built several cages, bumpers and other parts using this and it works great.

Brent

6. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah I have been built alot of tube stuff just curious if it really helps or not.