Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone using Rancho RSX shocks?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jarheadk5, Feb 23, 2001.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I need new shocks. Actually, I've needed them for a while, but the budget just wouldn't let me. Anyway, I'm trying to do a little future planning for the Blazer, and the Rancho RSX shocks seem to be a good idea. Anyone using these? How's the ride? Would RS9000's be a better choice? Or the Edelbrock IAS? Most of my driving is (unfortunately) street and highway, so that's my primary concern. Thanks!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

2. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

I am currently running Rancho Rsx shocks on the front of my '75. I thought that they looked like a good idea, self adjusting, Rancho, ect. Well I have been using them for about four months and don't really like the ride. My old Rough Country Nitro 9000 were only about for months old when I purchased the Ranch Rsx's and they made the truck ride like a "Cadillac". The new Ranchos are really bouncy. The truck dips a lot when hitting small bumps and then bounces up and down a few times before they stop. Also when hitting big bumps on the road it is really bad and then they self adjust and the next bump is like hitting a rock. Also I currently have the longest Rancho Rsx made on the front of my truck and even with a little flex and a four inch lift they just make it and nothing even comes close to fitting the back. So with my new bigger lift I'm going with 9000's all around. Hope this helps.

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I guess while we're on the subject anyone running trail master SS or SSV shocks? That is what they are trying to sell me w/ mine. Think I'll lay off the rancho's all together. The Rancho 5000's suck on my stock truck

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI