Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone using these summit seats?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Jun 26, 2003.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if any one of you sucka's got ny experience wif these seats. Pro's/Con's.
    [​IMG]

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I have a buddy running them in his choppedtop ramcharger welded onto his rollcage. He says he likes them b/c they are cheap and water/weather proof esp since he has no roof. Bad part is its hard on your ass/back, but easily corrected with cushions which he uses.

3. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

You will want a seat mount that supports the bottom very well. I used 2 rails to mount a set similar to those and the bottom started to crack around the mounts.
    The ones I used were great off road, I did alot of mudding and I could pull the covers off and not have to worry about mud/water.
    I drove 16 hours straight through once and my backside was um, very sore.
    It's been a long time since I had them and that is what I remember.

Brett

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

I had them in my K5. I welded 1" X 1" angle to my cage and drilled 6 holes in them to mount them. With the covers they really arent too bad. I am 6' 4", and with out adjusters, my wife couldnt reach the peddles!! hehehe.

I had them in when I went to Tellico last October, and even after sitting in them all day on the trail, my but wasnt sore at all. I always had to take my wallet ou though. The more they are reclined, the better they ride.

Rob

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I had them in a 73 camaro and they worked well for that. Think they are going in my blazer this time around. I have heard of guys putting in a little extra padding to soften them up a bit. I like how you kinda fit in the seat and not just sit on it. Friend of mine just put them in his heep and they seem to be pretty good there. Price is right and weather resistant. I'd say go for it.

6. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have one in my bogger I like it Ofcourse I wouldn't want to be in for a 10 hour drive but for the little test runs I've done it was comfortable and gave good support