Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone wanna bet against the Lakers this year?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, May 2, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Being a long-time Laker fan (yes, even in the early 90s when they sucked), I'm glad to see that Shaq/Kobe/Phil are well on their way to another ring. Anyone wanna bet against 'em? Living in Portland, I get all kinds to negativety for being a Laker fan... but its all in good fun. GO LAKERS!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Man, can't believe a PNW guys is for the Fakers.............

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

better then the Jail Blazers..oops I mean Trailblazers...LOL

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Lol.............yeah, the Trail Blazers suck (almost wrote 'Blazers suck', sacrilege)...........I lost interest in pro basketball a few years ago. Not like the old days with class in the league with Dr. J, Larry Bird and Magic. All there is now are punks.

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Shaq has no talent other than stuffing the ball from right under the net ........ outside game = 0 ......... I know, He's a center but free throws too = 0 .......Just a big dumb ape !

6. jekbrown

if just being "big" was all that shaq had... there would be lots of huge guys in the league... but there aren't. The guy has skills. People back in the old days said Wilt had no skill, that he was just physically a freak... and its the same tired old arguement with Shaq.

As far as not having class goes... there are lots of players in the NBA that have class, even today. The punks have just become a little more common.

Just on the Laker team, I would think Kobe, Fisher, and Horry would fit into that group. I think Shaq would too... most all the trash talking he does is just him jokin' around. Naturally a Laker-hater wouldn't label ANY Laker as having "class"... but thats just my opinion.

Now.... on to the three-peat!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I am rootin for Sacramento... or Dallas.

8. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

I'll take that bet...
    Well, gentlmens bet anyway. No way I'm putting anything on it. DAM LAKERS!!
    I'll root for anyone that goes up against them.

9. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

bring on the lakers... cuz here come the Spurs!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I will.... I hope the Kings make it far enough to play them. If so I hope the Kings bet em... !!! Go Kings! #4 /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

LOL.... I agree Shaq sucks.... only skill he has is he is big. If he didn't have the size he'd never been drafted. At least Koby has real talent. As much as I hate Fox and what's the dudes name in the headband.... ah crud... but anyhow those guys can play too..... but Shaq, he really just is unimpressive if you ask me.

12. jekbrown

"unimpressive"? I think the peeps that have played against him would disagree.

Size is a part of Shaqs game (funny how his physical skills only get him crap, but when Jordan could jump higher than everyone it was soooo cool!) but thats not ALL his game is. Otherwise the NBA would be recruiting 330lb linemen from the football world all the time... and they aren't.

At any rate, its all about the rings, and the Lakers are gonna score another one this year!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I think the team in the west with the BEST chance against the Lakers is Dallas... they can *really* shoot... and you have to be able to do that from the perimeter, 'cause you aren't going to be able to do much in the lane against LA. At any rate, its gonna be an exciting playoff this year... somehow i doubt that the Lakers are gonna go 16-1 through the playoffs like they did last year. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

bring on San Antonio!

J