Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone wanna ride at carnegie this weekend?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MJF, Jan 8, 2003.

1. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I wanna take my bike out & blow the cobwebs out this weekend but I don't have anyone to go with. I would prefer to have someone to ride with in case of accidents. Anyone headed out there this Sat?

I will just be taking it easy & getting a feel for the bike again since it's been so long since I've ridden.

2. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I don't ride but I've got some buddies from San Jose/Milpitas that ride. They're a really good group of peeps. If you want I can call and ask if you can ride with them. If they're ridin' of course.

3. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I'm still up in the air as to if I wanna ride or stay home & do a few things to the blazer. If there isn't someone who was already planning to go that way, I'll stay home & fix the driver's side window, investigate my tailgat wiring problem, & install my new carb.

Thanks for the offer though.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> So you're just getting the Blazer ready to sell now, or what? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>

5. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

No. I'm just starting back working on it. Once it started raining everyday, I just put plastic over the back window &amp; parked it. Now I'm gonna start working on it again.

I hope to have the side window put back on the track, the back glass rolled back up, carb installed, &amp; front diveshaft back on by the end of the weekend.

If I can get all this done &amp; start driving it again, I'm thinking I may try to make it to Frank Raines at least for a day. I'll be taking it easy there, but it'll be good to get out there &amp; meet a few people.

I really like my K5. I only thought about selling it because I'm tired of fighting with the wife about the money I spend on it. To keep it, I probably have another $5000 or so I want to spend on it in modifications. As it sits right now, it will make a good mall cruiser with only new seats. I'll just keep it that way for a while until I save up more money. I'm just a very impatient person. When I know of a mod I will need to make in the future, it's hard to wait. I just want to get it done right now.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    . I'm just a very impatient person. When I know of a mod I will need to make in the future, it's hard to wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Yep, sounds like me when I was a bit younger. Having my truck sit for 2 years has helped to make me very patient though. You just need to look at it as a long term investment, it's treally better if you wheel it in near-stock form first anyways, that way you aren't out there with a truck that's so bad-ass that it will get you into a lot of trouble due to your inexperience behind the wheel off-road. I got a feeling that that is going to be my problem once my truck is running again... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font color>

7. 76k5Blazer

76k5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have the same problem with my wife