Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone want a 4X4 motorhome project?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pugsley, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

2. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Could you imagine? I guess it would make a good base or mobile rescue unit. You would definately turn heads where ever you went. I wonder how it would handle with a lift and 44s.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I don't think it'd need a lift to fit 44's... its already on a 2 ton truck chassis, and those tires are prolly at least 38's, perhaps taller ( think semi tires)

except for the Uuber price, I'd love to get one of those and use it as the basis of my monster suburban project... oh well, perhaps later,

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Heck that first one would be the ultimate tow rig camper. On board air and everything. What I don't get is how this company works. Stuff that belongs to the gov should have to go through auction. It should end up on the GSA site. Heck that old truck in the first link would probably go for $2500.
    They are nuts on the price there. 35 year old truck for 17,000? Come on. No wonder are taxes are so screwed. paying to much for used fire trucks.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

This outfit sells stuff that went in as trades on new ones - most fire apparatus is never auctioned though due to the price it fetches, about $2500 like you said, and the manufacturers will pay more, then clean it up and auction it off to these used dealers for quite a bit higher. Believe it or not, a new rescue like these would run around $200,000 - trade-ins will pull about $10-20,000 depending on the age and condition.

The Fords will actually still hold a ridiculously high resale due to the fact that several manufacturers make a "glider kit" for them, dropping an updated cab, engine and tranny onto the same framerails for around 1/4 the cost of a new chassis. Not to mention that, the things are a joy to drive (if they've got an Allison) - they'll handle the narrowest roads and sharpest turns you can throw at them[​IMG]

......And knowing is half the battle
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>