Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone want to buy a 205 twin stick setup?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5king, Jan 2, 2001.

1. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i would like to see how many of you would like to get a 205 twin stick set-up so you can do all those neat tricks!!! i am designing one for myself and may be able to produce lots more from a local specialty fab shop...each one will be hand made by me or someone more competent than me[​IMG]!!!!
    what would you like to see them made out of????steel,alum., hell i think i could even do a titanium set-up if you want to pay for it!! i will probably keep the same look as the old shifter and height and such but it will have a mate on the pass. side of it.. going to try to keep them close enough to driver but far enough not to bust your knuckles on each one...
    so let me know what you think and maybe we can get some fabbed up for everyone sometime soon.......
    don't know what the cost will be but i'm going to try to sell them as cheap as possible...hopefully they will be able to make them for less than $150.00... not worth it to me to sell them for more than that,,,i think i'd feel ripped off paying $200.00 for two pieces of metal!!

let me know
    thanx,,Matt

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would be interested. As far as materials go, steel would be preferred (should be cheaper). My only concern is being able to put the stock setup back on if needed. I have seen people make 205 twin sticks but they modify the shaft ends to the point where putting the stock shifter back on is next to impossible.

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I would be interested. Can you take pics and give more info when you get yours.

Thanks,

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I think Avalanche Engineering sells a twin stick for the 205. Their web site is www.avalancheengr.com.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), Dana 60/14 bolt, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

5. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

well i took your advise and called avalanche eng. and the guy there told me they used to make a 205 twin stick set-up and that they no longer do because of lack of interest in it..
    <font color=red>IT ALSO COST $700 AND TOOK ONLY 6 HOURS TO MAKE</font color=red>...
    i wonder why noone bought it???????
    he told me that i would be able to do it easily cause i have access to metal lathes and such and could probably market it at a very reasonable price for the 4x4 enthusiast,,such as myself....
    now would you like me to make you one???[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I would be interested in one. Just let me know when you get one finished so I can get some more details. As far as busting knuckles, I've seen twin stick setups with the two sticks coming up very close and then "Y"ing out near the top so that there is clearance for a gloved hand.

Fencepost eater

7. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

yeah i was thinking about moving the top of the first shifter a couple more inches closer to the driver just enough to get your fist around so you can get a good yank on it when you get irritated[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Sorry for the mis-information. It's been a couply years since I looked into it. I'm still running the 208 in mine, and am debating converting it to a fixed yoke using some Dodge parts I've got laying around. Good luck with your shifter setup, I wish I had a twin stick in mine.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), Dana 60/14 bolt, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

9. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

The guy at Avalanche was wrong about the price. I bought one from them for $170 before they stopped making them. I think they make more money with the Snipers so its probably not worth it for them to make the shifters. I still haven't mounted since I'm now thinking of making a triple stick setup for the Doubler. There's not much to this twin stick shifter and it's hard to see $170 when looking at it. I might be able to take some pics of it.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy>http://www.off-road.com/chevy</A>

10. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Shawn

would you make a tri stick to sale or just for your self?

I want to run a tri stick doubler in my blazer but dont have the skill to make one

if you dont want to make them to sale is there any chance of me geting the specs or a skematick I am takeing metal shop and may have the know how to make one in a coupel of years

thanks for your time

[​IMG]Go prepared

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com>http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com</A>

11. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Stephen Watson at offroaddesign.com is planning to make a tripple stick for his doubler when he has a chance, I know he is really busy, but hey if enough people bug him, maybe he will move it to a front burner.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    1990 K5 with stuff

12. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Well since I'm not the best fabricator I don't think I can make any. I was just going to try to modify my current twin stick or buy one from ORD that Steve is talking about. I don't have any drawings or plans made up but if I do, I'll post them here. That would be another good idea for K5King is if a 3 stick setup could be done. If so, I'd be interested.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy>http://www.off-road.com/chevy</A>

13. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I've been considering a triplestick for a while, assuming I put a doubler in my future truck. Shouldn't be too hard to do, though it would make for a mighty big hole in the floor. I would love to see ORD do the kit for it. Save me some headache.

Email: xiaozhu@my-deja.com

14. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Guys, I own a machine shop in Tucson and just picked up a NP205 for my 83 Jimmy. I am doing a total rebuild so I do not ever drive it, just work on it on the week ends. If you can put some schetchs together I would consider making some up. I have never posted anything so go slow with the technical pc stuff.

15. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i want to make it so you would be able to put the original set-up back on so you coould remove it if you needed or wanted to

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Thanks Steve and Shawn I did not know that ORD was going to make one i guess buy the time I can aford a doubler and the 2 T cases I could just buy the stifter

once again thanks for the info

[​IMG]Go prepared

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com>http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com</A>