Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone want to Drive from Long Island to Toronto?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Aug 2, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I sold my Dad's old Caddy limo that's been sitting in our yard for a little over two years to a guy in Toronto, Canada, over Ebay.

Transport for a car like this (a little longer than most) is a little too expensive, I don't have time to drive it up there, and the guy that bought it doesn't have time to come get it. He sent me the deposit already, but it's been about 2 or 3 weeks, and I haven't heard from him in about 10 days, since I got the non-refundable deposit (I hope he knows it's non-refundable if he bails on the deal).
    It's about an 8-9 hour drive I think, and the guy has offered to by me a plane ticket home, I just don't have a day to give to this. I want to get this car out of here (Wife: do not read any further!) so I can park my truck there and start rebuilding the rotted body parts, and possibly pull the motor and rebuild it too. This car is sitting right in front of our garage, taking up wayyy too much space, and it has no tags right now, so I can't park it on the street where my truck is...

Anybody want to take a scenic tour of the New York State thruway in a non-stretched caddy limo that's been sitting for a while?

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'll be there in a jiffy. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Thanks Wes, knew I could count on you!

This dude hasn't replied to any email and he sent me a money order. My auction said I'd hold it for ten days, and the deposit was non-refundable. I'm gonna gie him another week to reply to email, then tell him I'm relisting it and refunding whatever's leftof his deposit after paying for the original auction. I gotta get some work down on the truck before winter, and this car's really in my way...