Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone want to have a mud bog around houston

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JohnDeere, Apr 24, 2006.

1. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

Hey im trying to get a group of ppl that want to start or just go mudding in the houston area. I have a spot right now that would work good when we get a good rain the only problem would be getting for ppl in wimpy trucks.

2. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

I'm curious what U have and whats your def. of "wimpy". :D

I like to meet new people around here that like 4xing but IMO mudding is boring. Just get your truck all muddy and break stuff to prove you can go through a mudhole. Its way more challenging/fun climbing stuff.

3. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I agree. I'm all up for some trail fun as soon as I can fix my truck.

4. The Butcher

The Butcher 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Something like this::D :haha: Sorry, couldn't resist being a smart-a$$.

Big89Burban.jpg

5. chubbynova

chubbynova Registered Member

im interested. what part of houston and when?

6. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

7. Big89Burban

Since I'm not a member and I cant see pics. I'm just gonna assume that you posted a pic of my burb. This guy comes on saying dont want no wimpy trucks. Well wth. I know guys with tube-chassis rides on 49" iroks and I know guys with samurai's on 31" tsl's both are very capable of doing what they were built for.

Once again whats wimpy? My burb does just what I want it to. It climbs what I try to and makes it through whatever I wanna go through. Then I drive it home with the A/c on and cruise control set. Cant beat that with a stick. :rolleyes:

Edit: On second thought why dont you come on down and I'll show you how to wheel a burb. Hope your chrome 18" wheels help out in the mud :haha:

8. The Butcher

Yeah, it's a pic of your burb. And before you go getting all sensitive on me, know that I think your burb is awesome. It's one of the few trucks I took pics of at Dudley's place last time he had everyone over to run through his playground. I was just busting your ball$ for the fun of it. There is nothing wimpy about your burb. Now pony up $25 so that you can see pics when I flame you for no good reason!!!:D

9. Big89Burban

How do I know you? Your not the guy with the white short box on boggers are you? What were you in? I have a really bad memory. :o

10. The Butcher

I didn't drive my truck through the mud that day. I was there with my girl and a buddy of mine and his wife. Had my Golden Retriever out there with me as well. I bought a Blazer and a Dually from Dudley about a year ago, that's how I know him. Don't know that you and I actually met, but I recognized your truck on here after seeing it at his place.

11. Big89Burban

Yeah. I think I remember. Were you and your girl were wearing black leather jackets?

You should come out. Me and a couple guys been going to spring about every sat. for the last couple months. Been a blast and just about everyone from the 'nolia has come with at one point or another. Were gonna try to plan some trips to other places too but its just so easy to load up and go to the creek. Everyone is welcome. Hell I just bought a 4 wheeler so I could let the burb rest for a while cause its getting trashed out. So we got a good variety of trucks going.

12. The Butcher

That was us.

Thanks for the invite. Once I get my the new radiator, D60, and the lift on my Blazer we'll definitely be up for some wheelin'. Things have been crazy busy for me though, so no idea when I'll get it all done. I'll keep you posted though.