Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone want to SHOW at the Indy 4wheel jamboree?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by jjlaughner, Jul 5, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'm thinking about going (lifted or not, lifted hopefully) but its $80 per vehicle which I think includes 2 people for two days if you pre-registar. If 5 vehicles go as a buddy club, you get a $5 each vehicle discount, makes it $75 (its $18 per person to get in for one day to look, so it not real bad for two people). /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Should have registarted first of the year it was only 65 I dont know why the hike last month, seems all the shows went up in fees /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ANYONE /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Maybe we can get sponsered /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    If I lift, I'm calling ORD for springs, I have the greasable bushings, I have a bunch of CK5 stickers and shirt I'll put in the seat, might be some good advertising /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Business cards in the door seals, stickers in the back windows /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'd do it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am trying to go, but I won't know for sure until the jamboree gets closer. My work is hard to judge. My POS is no show rig, but I would like to register for the rockcrawling competition.

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

When is it? Seems like showing would be the best way to get a rig in with a cooler and camping spot, no???

4. jjlaughner

September 19-21, 2003
    Indianapolis, Indiana

22nd Annual Advance Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals®
    Indiana State Fairgrounds
    Indianapolis, Indiana

http://www.familyevents.com/calendar/calendar.asp?idis=7
    Let me know, if enough people want to go I'll lift the blazer and hopefully have my drivers door fixed and rhinoline the bottom! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    I am trying to go, but I won't know for sure until the jamboree gets closer. My work is hard to judge. My POS is no show rig, but I would like to register for the rockcrawling competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, we'll campout a spot in the middle (unless we get there really early to get a nice spot under the trees!).
    THe rockcrawlers are in the middle, MO offroad was there last year and then a bunch of jeeps.

Anyone know if emmitology (sp? -the two tone blue one) sold his crawler yet?

6. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey. if i can afford it, id like to go and show white lightning. but thats a lot of money that could buy me a hitch /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ill know when it gets closer

NITRO

7. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hrmmm... How are trucks judged? Can you win a trophy (or something similarly corny) from entering in the "SHOW?" I could get a hooptie lawn chair, a cooler and just chill UNDER the K5! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif If you can get 4 guys with cash in hand, I'll ante up for the 5th spot. Paypal cash in hand. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

-Dan

8. jjlaughner

I'm not sure, there will be 'SHOW Rigs' there that travel with the event. I dont know if there is a club event, its probley just normal show points type event.
    Maybe Points for best of show (1 event), best of show yearly (the traveling displays)?

Paint
    Details
    Display
    Under Body/Detail
    custom fab probley gets extra points

I'm looking over the website I dont see how they judge
    If we do go my credit crad comp will love me or hate me /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

edit---there is a lenghty rule book but from just skimming threw it looked like for racing, I'll print it out and read it tonight

9. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Perhaps you can tell me if the $80 includes any other contests in the Jamboree? I'd love to enter in a few of the competitions there, like the rock crawling comp.! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-Dan

10. jjlaughner

NO IDEA! I would imagen it does though /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    We need to get the MO offroad guy in here, he done it last year! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Did someone page me? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    I am planning on going since it is kind of a yearly trek for the family. Some changes have occurred in the last week. The MO Offroad Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif now has a new home in L.A.. I now have an 89 3/4 ton Suburban /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif. It has not grown to rockcrawler status as of yet.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    The rockcrawling event as well as the obstacle course that was run at the spring jamboree were included in the registration fee. The only extra fee is to actually have your vehicle judged for the show and shine.

12. jjlaughner

HEY! Congrates on the sale and DARN!

85m1009!.... thats why I wasn't finding anything with the MO_Offroad search /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

send me a reminder closer to the day, I can't remember sh..

14. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    send me a reminder closer to the day, I can't remember sh..

[/ QUOTE ]

Just incase you forget you need to send me your tires /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

16. I have gone to Indy pretty much that last 4 years. The wife actually asked about it today. I never thought she'd even want to go. We are thinking about going for all 3 days and camping or getting a hotel.

17. jjlaughner

Cool deal! I'm wanting to go, I'm really trying to get there this year (got my blazer painted in 2000 and have yet to make it). Gears are being shipped, Negotiations are in the works for a lift and SUBFAN up there ^ has my tires ( /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) I want. I would like to get some nerf bars on and then some touch up painting done.
    I need to find a job like next week to be able to afford to go. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

18. If you pre-register the cost is $65.00 per vehicle. That gets your truck, two adults, and any munchkins you have in your truck too for the entire weekend. Can't beat that !! I'll be getting a motel on the outskirts of Indy or finding a camp ground out there too. My Jimmy is far from show quality, but she is better looking than some I have seen. I would have had the Jimmy made into a full convertible w/ soft top and family cage if the motor wouldn't have popped !! Oh well maybe next year.

19. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Don't forget to remind me....

20. jjlaughner

This is just a mock-up of what I'm wanting to do for the show.
    -I have to fix the rust spot on my drivers door (and the one starting on the passengers side)
    Then Bedliner roll-on and paint on the lower 10"
    -new dual exhaust (new 3" y-pipe, 3"cat, 3" to dual 2.5" out flowmaster 50, and dual on the drivers side like the 90's pickups.
    -4" lift and regear to 4.10's and swap in the 12bolt rear
    -35's and new rims, might nip on the front fender to get the 35's on.
    (gears are in the mail, I should find out about the lift sson, SUBFAN ^ has the 35's I want, I have the bedliner but need to fix my doors)
    [​IMG]
    THis is a BLING'in mockup! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif