Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone watch Trucks yesterday?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, Mar 21, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

They had a cool segment about rock crawling an a nice ORV park in Tennessee called Wheelin in the country located in Summertown, Tn. Looks like a fun place that offers camping, concession stand and a garage to work on your rigs

2. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Yes, I saw it. Looks like a cool place. Thanks for the link. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Only thing is they're only open on certain weekends, but we could go down for just a 2-day trip.

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

From the pics and the video on there sit it look sweet. How ever I did find one problem with there park.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Fees to ride are as follows:

$20 per vehicle/driver for the first day of riding and $10 per consecutive day of riding
    $5 per day for passengers/spectators

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif WOW At lest they have this [ QUOTE ]
    Primitive camping is free with free firewood for everyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I think those prices are actually pretty common for any park that offers a garage and food on site. It's a lot better than being left stranded on some fire road where you have no help and someone steals or burns your truck /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Yeah I thought the part with a free garage and tech on hand to help out was pretty awesome! I bet their prices on replacement parts are a little high though /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Looks like a pretty cool place /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

There's a trucks marathon today /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There's a trucks marathon today /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and I just watched the episode that highlighted the TT03 competition. The footage was great, but short. They even showed some carnage....the dreaded popping and grinding sound. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Even the episode where Stacey beat on the Donco was pretty good. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Those are the going rates for pretty much any ORV, much less one with a garage! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I guess I am just spoiled from Uwharrie. Its only $5 per truck and like $20 a night for a double family site with electrical hook-ups. Plus a complete bath facility.

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what channel and when ? what park where?

11. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They had a cool segment about rock crawling an a nice ORV park in Tennessee called Wheelin in the country located in Summertown, Tn. Looks like a fun place that offers camping, concession stand and a garage to work on your rigs

[/ QUOTE ]

REPOST /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

"Wheelin in the Woods" was mentioned here before when that episode originally aired. I watched the marathon today, When is Mr. Mullet gonna finish Copperhead???

12. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I go there fairly regular. It's not far from my home town back in TN. It's an awesome park, with something to suit just about every level of vehicle build-up.

However, the more "hard-core" obstacles are not too terribly full-size friendly. They do have "chicken routes" around most of those obstacles, but that's not to say you won't be called out by one of the locals. (I was and needless to say it wasn't pretty. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

As a matter of fact, one of the obstacles, called "the Tunnel" is (or at least was) scattered with some various K5 parts like a fiberglass top and bumpers from what looks like someone who got in over their head. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I feel the costs are reasonable, in consideration that it is private land. They also have a some what well equipped shop with welders and air-tools to fix your junk when it breaks, plus unlike most other private parks they allow night-time rides. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Holiday weekends are awesome out there, but it does get crowded. They ut on some "tough-truck" competitions and mud-bog races. It sucks to have to wait like that if you are driver but, if you are just a passenger it makes for some good entertainment.

13. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Yeah, those prices are normal, for what they have to offer.

We're thinking of making a family weekend trip out of it this Spring. We usually take the camper along, but my wife likes the sound of the rental cabins. Can you tell me what those are like, lefthand, or anyone else? You can ride ATV's there too, right? Thanks.

14. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Rental cabins? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif That's a new one on me.

I know there are a couple of houses that flank the entrance road into the property, if those are what they are refering to, I'd suggest camping in a tent or your own trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The group I usually go with bring one or two campers, but most set up tents. There's a shower facility and puclic restrooms on the property, so as long as I have a dry place to lay my head at night, I'm golden.

Oh yeah, ATV's are welcome out there. Sometimes, they can get annoying as there is no trail or time restriction for the ATV's. You have to be aware that you may meet one coming in or out the trail you are on at all times.

15. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Hmmm. They show the rental cabins on their web site anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif They look like the ones that some KOA's have.

Sounds a lot like the Badlands here. ATV's everywhere. At least there is part of the Badlands that is off limits to the ATV's and bikes. Of course, my 11 year old son and I are on the ATV's a lot too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Never been to the Badlands, but from what I've seen on the internet I'd guess they are pretty similar.

I'm heading up there the first weekend in April. I'll pay special attention when I get there and see if I notice the cabins and what they look like.

17. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

I saw that show. The place looked pretty cool.
    It's nice to see the private parks prop up. At least there's an alternative , especially with all the talk of trail closures.

18. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm heading up there the first weekend in April. I'll pay special attention when I get there and see if I notice the cabins and what they look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, let us know. Thanks.