Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone who has re-felted a billiards table slate top ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Oct 13, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

or marble or whatever it is, i know its damn heavy,

anyone who has recovered a billiards table slate top: i need to know where to get kit, what adhesive to use ? if heat source is needed like a hot air gun of some sort, and where to find felt ? all we have here is a normal farming town sized wal mart, so..

basically i came across a pool table yesterday, but its felt is old and red but it plays good anyways, after shaving the felt with electric shears. we want to go green with it

on a side note, we now have pool table in the house across the way, so if anyone stops by for parts or chat or anything from now on then we can also shoot some stick too.

thanks

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Do a search on yahoo for billiard supplies. I know a place in St.Louis called AE Schmidt that sells it and anything else pool table related. I used to help a friend recover them when I was in high school (ugh) I believe he wa using a spray adhesive, nothing special. Just take your time and get it stretching tight. The tighter it is the faster the balls will roll. There are different grades of cloth you can get too. Some last longer but dont play as well and some play super and are incredibly fast (simonis cloth) but have a little shorter life. That's the kind most pool halls cover their 9' tables with and the pros use.
    Did I mention I play a little too /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Do a search on yahoo for billiard supplies. I know a place in St.Louis called AE Schmidt that sells it and anything else pool table related. I used to help a friend recover them when I was in high school (ugh) I believe he wa using a spray adhesive, nothing special. Just take your time and get it stretching tight. The tighter it is the faster the balls will roll. There are different grades of cloth you can get too. Some last longer but dont play as well and some play super and are incredibly fast (simonis cloth) but have a little shorter life. That's the kind most pool halls cover their 9' tables with and the pros use.
    Did I mention I play a little too /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    sounds like i have researching to do,. heh
    im a newbie at the game of pool, still, but now can practice at home /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif