Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone who put the 1 inch body lift on their Blazer. quick ????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Did you have to drop your gas tank to install it? thx.......

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Yes
    I have a 83 and I had to drop the tank some older years mite not have too, I think anyway. make sure you use PB Blaster on the bolts for the staps or you will have to call LMC for new ones.

Eric

3. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

What would you have to drop the tank for? Just curious. Did my 2" without dropping the tank. The rear body mounts have access holes in the bottom of the frame rails to sneak in a socket on my '91.

4. Highlander

I did this last year and I drop the tank cause I could not get to the two back mounts I did not have enough room to put the new body mounts and the 1in lift in. I also think the instuctions said you have too drop it

Eric

5. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Maybe i should have read my instructions /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Did body mounts and 2" with the tank in. Sure those stupid brackets are stuck in the frame rails (tank has to be dropped to remove them totally), but it got the job done.

6. Highlander

You know that's another project that I should of taken pic's of so I could remember what a pain in the a$$ it was /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. When I went to take off the straps both bolts broke, I ran around town for two weeks with tie down straps holding the tank in till the new straps came in from LMC.

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

lol, mine came off pretty easily when i put the shackle flip on, Oh and get this, i dropped the tank, put the Shackle flip in, then i was so anxious to try my truck with the new softer leafs that i put the tank back in then after i got the tank in i remember i still had the 1 inch body lift in my garage. Thats why i started this thread i was hoping there was a way around not having to drop it again, guess not

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I was just looking somthin up and saw your question from before. I thought I'd get away without droping my tank for my new body mounts and 1" lift. I took the rear bumper off to see if that helped with the rear mounts I got everything loose and off then noticed that to get to the rear bushing back under the frame I am going to have to drop the tank. But the top one looks easy to get to with the bumper off. So I'd think the puck should be easy too.

9. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I didn't have to drop the tank on my '73. Then again, I didn't replace the bottom bushing at my tank either.

The poly kit I got was the incorrect one for my '73. I ended up using the original rubber bottom bushings for the last two rear sections.

I did use Poly for the first three sections. I was after these sections so I can line up my doors. Then I installed the 1".

If all your doing is a body lift, then you shouldn't need to drop your tank.

Good luck.