Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone willing to help me out here?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Feb 8, 2001.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hey! I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to let me bug them and give me advice on my Blazer when I need some? I bought it about 2 years ago and love the thing. Only one problem is my knowledge could fit in a dixie cup about what I know. I want to learn because I am so sick of these places that try to rip me off when I need a repair. Not to mention I want to make this sucker bad as it can be. Thanks!

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

That's what we're here for Stephanie...stand by to see about a hundred posts. Welcome to the board...kick off yer shoes and get comfy.

"I'm not stuck...I'm just being as ONE with nature"

3. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

Ask away,There's a lot of knowledge here and it's all for the sharing. and welcome.

Chuck
    81 Blazer
    <font color=blue>does anyone have another F#@d that I can park on?</font color=blue>[​IMG]
    <font color=red><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chucks81k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.chucks81k5.coloradok5.com</A></font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by CBLAZER81 on 02/08/01 02:06 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard. Most rice burners here in Oklahoma (what few there are) hide when they see real 4X4's.

5. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Hey Steph,

Feel free to shoot me an email on any specific questions you might have, I'll do whatever I can to help..

You'll find that almost anyone on CK5 will be more than happy to help you with your truck; although some answers may differ from others, we all mean well [​IMG]

Have a good one,

Thomas.

PS) So CA is not all it's cracked up to be, 'eh?

-- '84 K5 Blazer --
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://Stoopalini.coloradok5.com>http://Stoopalini.coloradok5.com</A>

6. drifter

drifter Registered Member

Welcome ChevyCaGal, You couldnt have found a better place for help! Hey wheels&lt; how are things in OKC?

Life is grand in K-5 land![​IMG]

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Welcome! There are 15-16 hundred friendly guys and a couple of sore heads on this site ready, willing, and able to help you with any problem you might have with your Blazer.

8. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

cool beans, another northern california blazer! and a girl, too!!
    lets go wheelin!!!
    there's a small handful of us from cali on the board, i'm sure they'll introduce themselves (i don't know if ChevyCaGuy would've gotten nearly as many responses, though). there's a trip to hollister that never really got off the ground, maybe some fresh enthusiasm is what we need.
    have you found any good wheelin spots over in sac? i have a map of all the state off-road parks, and there's a couple good ones listed around your area.

if you have any particular questions, click the search button, and enter whatever you're looking for. most things you would ask about are probably listed. its a good place to get a bunch of free information really quick (besides, some of the older guys get cranky if people keep askin the same questions[​IMG]).
    anyway, welcome to the club.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Welcome to the BEST site on the web ! You've come to the right place, everything you ever wanted to know about the K5 Blazer is here ! Everybody ( in the most part ) are very helpful and freindly. Just post away......you'll get the answers that you're looking for !</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

[​IMG]

10. Whass UP! Ask away,if its question about a K5 Blazer then you've found the only place you need! Happy posting

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YaaaaHooooo, Welcome abord!! Like Delta said I too am in Calif. Near Modesto!! Lots and Lots of cool stuff can be done to the K5! If it's been tried, done or dreamed up you can find the answer here!! Don't be shy ask away, grab a brew and start reading!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

12. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Hey, Pudding Boy answers questions, doesn't he, Riz?

Welcome to the board, If you are anything like all 1800+ of us, you are gonna get very addicted, very fast.

Now, for your first piece of advice....I looked at your web page, and under the little section about your truck, it says you have a 6 inch body lift. Now i dont know if you meant to say body lift, (a body lift is when blocks are stacked on the body mounts to lift the body away from the frame. this causes a space to be seen when you look in the wheel wells.) But if you DID mean body lift, than in my opinion, and just about everyone elses too, 6 inches is way too high for safety. Having the body up on such high stilts puts an awful lot of stress on all those little blocks holding you up, and they could break under hard braking or cornering. If you meant 6 inches of suspension lift, then dont worry about it.

--matt
    shaggyk5: 85 Blazer, 6" lift coming soon!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</A>
    nuthin like a heavy chevy!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by shaggyk5 on 02/08/01 07:09 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

13. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> You're right Shaggy, pudding boy can answer any and all question pertaining to his favorite subject..........the snack pack ! Hahahahahaha !</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

[​IMG]

14. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

hey matt, the profile says 6" of lift. doesn't mention body anywhere.
    are you just being sexist, you pig?
    man, as soon as a girl comes around, you get all body this and body that.
    by the way, steph, nice grill [​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

15. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

no, i checked her webpage( like I said ). Now, If you would have taken the time to actually READ what i wrote, instead of automatically fixating yourself on the word body.....[​IMG][​IMG]
    http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5
    nuthin like a heavy chevy!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by shaggyk5 on 02/08/01 08:24 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

16. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Warm, muggy, rainy and getting ready to snow. Is it snowing in Clinton yet? How ya been?

17. warwagon

warwagon Guest

hey chevycagal, glad to see another ca person here. if you need any help just email me and i will try to help, if not i am in Tavis AFB outside sac and there is alot of us blazer folk here that can help. have a good one.

18. Wraparound

Wraparound Registered Member

Where are you in Sacramento? I live in Rivercrest off of Howe and La Riviera. I could give you a hand should you need any help. There is a wheeling club around here I want to look into also.

19. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Everyone here are great bunch of people with the same passion as you (K-5's). Something I like about this site better than someothers I've visited is here if someone doesn't know they don't try to make something up. Keep looking here and post any questions. And someone will try to help. Send me an e-mail if you have any questions..... 62xlch@arizonanet.zzn.com

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

20. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ok, my bad...6" suspension lift. Better now? I get the whole wow you're a girl thing quite often so no offense was taken trust me. I pull up to lights and see the surprise when a female is driving. (Might have something to do with the fact the color of my beast is gray, black and white camo.) Think most people feel a scary big dude must be driving! It's not your usual color and sort of is scary to see bearing down on you in the rear view. I never have aproblem when changing lanes that is for sure! I do admit I am well very lost with all the technical stuff. I can wire anything like nobodys business but ask me to tune a carb and I will be standing there for a days. My thing right now is to do something with the exhaust. I sucks and not in the good way. It's stock so I want to add some headers...maybe a high flow cat and mufflers. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I am open to any ideas!

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"