Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone with a 4x4iron rear bumper

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyrc, Jun 16, 2004.

1. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

First off 4x4 iron makes impressive bumpers. Secondly for those of you who installed the rear bumper, did you notch the bottom of the truck bed (just above the frame rails at the very back of the box,) to allow you to mount the bumper bracket as close as possible. For me to mount the L shaped piece of iron to my frame, and not have the bumper stick out, I need to notch the box. Justwondering whateveryone else has done. My bumper may be slightly different, as Butch incorporated a winch mount on my rear bumper.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    My bumper may be slightly different, as Butch incorporated a winch mount on my rear bumper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    My bumper may be slightly different, as Butch incorporated a winch mount on my rear bumper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. cycologic

cycologic Registered Member

I installed one of the tire carrier bumpers a couple of months ago. I didn't like how far it extended out from the body, so I cut about 2 inches off of the frame. That allowed the bumper to suck up against the body a little better. There was no need for me to do any body mods.

Good Luck.

5. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pics Please. I am trying to find one with this option and a tire carrier. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Hmmm, I have my 4x4Iron tire carrier bumper sitting ready to install but I haven't put it up against the frame and body yet to mark the holes I need to drill. I won't be doing it for a couple of weeks, but when I do, if you haven't resolved the issue yet, I'll post the pics. I also bought his front square tube bumper and am very happy with it. On both of them I scrubbed them with a grease remover, and then painted them with self-etching primer, flat black rattle can, and then Rustoleum textured finish in flat black. They came out great.

7. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

I don't have pics yet...I ordered the bumper unassembled, so I still have to get it welded up. I may just cut an inch or two off the mounting bracket so it doesn't stick out. I'll get some picks when its done.