Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone with a 770 cfm Truck Avenger

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyrc, Jun 13, 2004.

1. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

If anyone is runing the 770 cfm version of the holley, could you tell me where or how you supply vacuum to your brake booster. My 670 had a provision for the brake booster. (about 3/8") My 770 has no such hookup...please inform. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    If anyone is runing the 770 cfm version of the holley, could you tell me where or how you supply vacuum to your brake booster. My 670 had a provision for the brake booster. (about 3/8") My 770 has no such hookup...please inform. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Isn't there a vacume port on the rear of your intake manifold ?? If not, you could always get a carb spacer with a vacume port..... Just a thought.

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Isn't there a vacume port on the rear of your intake manifold ?? If not, you could always get a carb spacer with a vacume port..... Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]good plan /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

There should also be a spot for a threaded fitting on the manifold behind the carb IIRC.

5. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

There is a spot, but like you say I'll have to get spacer, because the carb sits too close to get a fitting in the manifold. Do you know of any manufacturers who make a spacer with a port?

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

TransDapt Performance Products, TRD-2103 on SummitRacing.com for $18.88. They call it a PCV fitting, but it should work.

Speaking of PCV, why not just get a plastic barbed "T" fitting and run the brake booster in with the PCV line.

A carb spacer changes tuning characteristics of the carb, and you may not like the results.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    There is a spot, but like you say I'll have to get spacer, because the carb sits too close to get a fitting in the manifold. Do you know of any manufacturers who make a spacer with a port?

[/ QUOTE ]Could you pull the carb, install a elbow fitting for the vac line, then reinstall the carb ?? Is there enough room for one of those ??

8. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Could you pull the carb, install a elbow fitting for the vac line, then reinstall the carb ?? Is there enough room for one of those ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there might be enough room, but a friend who was working on the truck with me doesn't think so...only one way to find out. Thanks for the replies.

9. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

I have one on my 454 bolted to a dual plain spred bore type manifold, so I have an adaptor to fit the holey. The local parts store had the adaptor in stock. I have had no problems with the booster hose but the carb was a wast of money, I'm not sure it betters my 30 year old Q-jet in any way and it certinly is not fuel injection